Top Conferences Topic

The RMAC in phelen is so stacked that the #1 overall team (Metropolitan St.) is a 3 seed in the conference tournament.
6/5/2017 7:58 PM
It's crazy how different the game is when playing in a full competitive conference. Adds another layer of fun and competition. I also think competing with some of the top coaches has really raised my level of play. I definitely prefer it to sitting in an empty conference and beating up on sims.
6/5/2017 9:42 PM

So from this thread alone, here is the current list of "Super Conferences." Feel free to add to it. Good to know where the top coaches are playing and where the best competition is.

D3

Knight – So Cal

Smith – Little East

Rupp – University

Phelan - USA South

Naismith – University

D2

Phelan - RMAC
Wooden - South Atlantic

D1

Wooden – Ivy

Wooden – Big Ten

Tark – Mountain West
Crum - Mountain West
Knight - Big East

6/7/2017 11:08 AM (edited)
Is Allen the worst world... nobody even mentioning them.. great, I chose the world nobody plays in.
6/5/2017 11:02 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 6/5/2017 9:42:00 PM (view original):
It's crazy how different the game is when playing in a full competitive conference. Adds another layer of fun and competition. I also think competing with some of the top coaches has really raised my level of play. I definitely prefer it to sitting in an empty conference and beating up on sims.
I think something people may not realize the difference you'll find in RPI/SOS. I finished non-con at 90ish RPI/110ish SOS. I'm 16/15 after 12 conference games DESPITE losing two of them.
6/6/2017 6:44 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/6/2017 6:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by slayterhill on 6/5/2017 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I think something people may not realize the difference you'll find in RPI/SOS. I finished non-con at 90ish RPI/110ish SOS. I'm 16/15 after 12 conference games DESPITE losing two of them.
I've noticed the same thing Mike. In my tough conference, I try to schedule for 8+ non-con wins. Even with a bad SOS before conference season, the RPI takes care of itself once the bloodbath of conference play starts.

And on the other end of the spectrum, in the worlds where I'm in an empty conference it's a constant battle to hang on to a decent RPI/SOS during conference play. RPI seems to slowly drop, even as you're winning games against crap conference teams.

I think the only advantage to being in a semi-empty conference is that the rebuilds tend to go a little quicker since you can rack up conference wins sooner.
6/6/2017 10:24 AM
I imagine, if your goal is D1, finding an empty(or near empty) D2 is a good move. NT appearances should be easier and you'll qualify for D1 faster.
6/6/2017 10:27 AM
Wooden DII - South Atlantic
Crum DI - Mountain West
6/6/2017 10:56 AM
Full conferences are awesome when you have a good team. Not so much fun when you have an average team. I've seen teams that would probably go undefeated in sim filled conferences not even make the NT because they couldn't get enough wins.
6/6/2017 2:43 PM
Is there a good conf in Allen?
6/6/2017 5:22 PM
I'm sure there is. Just look at the top RPI by conferences for each division and you'll see which ones are the best.
6/6/2017 7:28 PM
You can also browse the standings page for each conference in the world to see how many teams are human owned. Might take a while, but who knows what you'll find.
6/6/2017 7:38 PM
They should do a all world national tournament. Top 2 teams from each world
6/6/2017 9:21 PM
Posted by Indianajoinz on 6/6/2017 9:21:00 PM (view original):
They should do a all world national tournament. Top 2 teams from each world
Oh, you have request for WIS?

Take a number.

6/6/2017 9:41 PM
Posted by Indianajoinz on 6/5/2017 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Is Allen the worst world... nobody even mentioning them.. great, I chose the world nobody plays in.
For years, Allen had the best D1 (ACC), D2 (Gulf South), and D3 (NAC) conferences in all of HD. World populations wax and wane frequently. I wouldn't sweat it not being mentioned.
6/6/2017 10:40 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Top Conferences Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.