Kathy Griffin Safe Space Thread Topic

There are public figures that need to step up, call out their peers. Joe Piscopo is a regular guest on Cavuto. Joe is a reasonable guy. He likes Griffin, but called her out for going way over the line.
6/3/2017 10:28 PM (edited)
Carrot Top and Gallagher need to step up as well!
6/4/2017 3:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Not funny. A comic with Obama's severed head wouldn't have played well either. She went too far. Period.
6/4/2017 4:22 PM
Posted by dino27 on 6/4/2017 3:57:00 PM (view original):
it was only a metaphor.. and i thought it was funny....if it was a picture of a body riddled with bullets that would not be funny........and she was only using ragu....so whats the gripe.
Beheadings are funny? Keep it classy, dino.
6/4/2017 4:27 PM
yeah..it was over the neck...it was even better then a second amendment remedy...
6/4/2017 6:53 PM
I didn't think it was funny, but that's par for the course for Kathy Griffin (the only time I've enjoyed her work was when she was on Seinfeld playing an unfunny and annoying comic -- and what a stretch that was for her!).

That said, it's pretty hilarious how "triggered" the right is acting over what is essentially a tasteless joke. I thought only the lefty snowflake college kids cried over stuff like this?
6/4/2017 7:26 PM
I think we're moving away from the point. It was a classless attempt at humor(which, I guess, dino was the only person to find it funny). **** happens, own it.

Griffin is playing the victim. That's pretty much the opposite of owning it. Which makes her the C-word.
6/4/2017 7:42 PM
Agreed, she should own it instead of grovelling. Trump "jokes" about sexually assaulting women (and more than one woman has stepped forward to say it was more than a joke). This decapitation gag that fell flat is nothing compared to that.
6/4/2017 7:56 PM
I think that was more of a "brag" than a "joke".

Of course, all these women stepping forward should have stepped forward when it happened and Trump wouldn't be President.
6/4/2017 8:02 PM
Exactly, it was more of a brag than a joke. How sick is that?
6/4/2017 8:05 PM
I'm less bothered than I should be. This sounds like victim-blaming but, if you run in those circles, you've probably heard that Trump just "grabs 'em by the *****." So, if you're an attractive woman, talking to Trump could lead to that. And, if he just grabs you by your ***** when he walks by, maybe make a big deal of it. No one seemed to care til he ran for President.
6/4/2017 8:25 PM
I see your point, but I think a comic needs Andy Kaufman/Bill Hicks-level guts and dedication to see through a bit like this. Kathy Griffin doesn't have that, as evidenced by how quickly she buckled under the pressure.
6/4/2017 10:45 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Kathy Griffin Safe Space Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.