ODL 65 (full) Topic

Posted by copernicus on 6/3/2017 7:19:00 PM (view original):
re the poll - there has been no official announcement about the release of season 16-17 players - don't wait for that release (for which no official timeline has been announced) to run the draft, just dictate whether, should the players be available, we can use them or not and move on
This is my vote too
6/3/2017 7:53 PM
Closer to TEN
6/3/2017 7:55 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 6/3/2017 7:53:00 PM (view original):
re the poll - there has been no official announcement about the release of season 16-17 players - don't wait for that release (for which no official timeline has been announced) to run the draft, just dictate whether, should the players be available, we can use them or not and move on
This is my vote too
But we've had communication from someone on the site, saying that the players will be available after the Finals. That's not nothing.

I'm thinking that we wait until the league fills up to see whether the 16-17 players are out by then. If not, we proceed under the assumption that they'll be out soon. I find it highly unlikely, but if they don't come out until October, we obviously won't wait that long.

Ultimately, if you want to draft a player early under the assumption that the 16-17 players will be out, it's your risk to take.
6/3/2017 8:05 PM
Closer to 24
6/3/2017 8:23 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/3/2017 8:05:00 PM (view original):
This is my vote too
But we've had communication from someone on the site, saying that the players will be available after the Finals. That's not nothing.

I'm thinking that we wait until the league fills up to see whether the 16-17 players are out by then. If not, we proceed under the assumption that they'll be out soon. I find it highly unlikely, but if they don't come out until October, we obviously won't wait that long.

Ultimately, if you want to draft a player early under the assumption that the 16-17 players will be out, it's your risk to take.
1) the f-ing 16-17 players aren't really that big of a deal - just let us know now whether we can use them if they're available when the time comes to draft and we can decide if we want to take the risk of drafting the monster Westbrook or Harden seasons for ourselves
2) the communication you're referencing was a customer service reply to one dude so hearsay
3) don't f--king trust wis to keep their word on this kind of sh1t especially if that word isn't even 'official'
4) don't kill momentum
6/3/2017 8:28 PM (edited)
back, closer to 24.
6/3/2017 8:54 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/3/2017 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/3/2017 8:05:00 PM (view original):
This is my vote too

1) the f-ing 16-17 players aren't really that big of a deal - just let us know now whether we can use them if they're available when the time comes to draft and we can decide if we want to take the risk of drafting the monster Westbrook or Harden seasons for ourselves
2) the communication you're referencing was a customer service reply to one dude so hearsay
3) don't f--king trust wis to keep their word on this kind of sh1t especially if that word isn't even 'official'
4) don't kill momentum
chill, Cope. I put up a poll on page 1.

Yes, if the 16-17 players come out, you can use them this season.
6/3/2017 9:38 PM
then you don't need a poll and you don't need to wait
6/3/2017 9:49 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/3/2017 9:49:00 PM (view original):
then you don't need a poll and you don't need to wait
disagree. it changes the draft significantly. i don't think it's just Westbrook and Harden
6/3/2017 9:56 PM
different iterations of guys who would already get picked at or near the same place is not significant
6/3/2017 9:58 PM
In closer to 1
6/3/2017 10:06 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/3/2017 9:58:00 PM (view original):
different iterations of guys who would already get picked at or near the same place is not significant
i disagree with that, too.
6/3/2017 10:17 PM
IN, Closer to 1
6/4/2017 10:18 AM
IN- Closer to 1... I think starting a draft without knowing whether we can use certain players or not is ridiculous... Either state, "No 16-17 players"- Or wait for them to be released... Simple.... Drafting in limbo doesn't make any sense at all. None.. Basically, I strongly disagree with everything Copernicus has stated
6/4/2017 12:47 PM
Posted by milest on 6/4/2017 12:49:00 PM (view original):
IN- Closer to 1... I think starting a draft without knowing whether we can use certain players or not is ridiculous... Either state, "No 16-17 players"- Or wait for them to be released... Simple.... Drafting in limbo doesn't make any sense at all. None.. Basically, I strongly disagree with everything Copernicus has stated
There should only be 2 options... Start the draft as soon as the league fills and state, 'no 16-17 players'.. OR wait until they are released... Starting a draft saying- 'well, you can use them if they are released, but if we don't know if they will be released- draft at your on risk'----- is just ridiculous, in my opinion....
6/4/2017 12:52 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...28 Next ▸
ODL 65 (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.