"Can't Get the Pass Off" Topic

Does "can't get the pass off" mean my QB is literally incapable of throwing that deep? Or he just can't because of the pressure?
6/4/2017 1:01 AM
Guess it's open to interpretation . But I always took it to mean because of pressure.
6/4/2017 1:20 AM
I ask because I attempted two Deep passes all game. Both times, he "can't get the pass off", twice on one play.
Hope it's just coincidence.
6/4/2017 1:31 AM
I could very well see that happening in real life where because of pressure he can't get the pass off multiple times.
6/4/2017 1:34 AM
A 60STR can throw 40 yards don't you think?
6/4/2017 1:44 AM
Not if he's running for his life .
6/4/2017 2:07 AM
Let's say he's trying to do it in practice.
6/4/2017 2:17 AM
Then you wouldn't have the AI say that he couldn't get the pass off.
6/4/2017 2:21 AM
Can someone tell me if a QB with 60STR is capable of throwing the ball 40 yards? As in, they had a QB with STR in that area complete a pass that went 40 yards through the air?
6/4/2017 2:30 AM
I'm trying to determine what "X" Strength I have to be to throw the ball 40 yards through the air. What the threshold is.
6/4/2017 2:35 AM
STR

totally lame attribute concocted by the idiots that wrote this sim

K P QB OL

they have so much in common
6/4/2017 2:44 AM
Its due to pressure. Your QB doesnt have the time to get the pass off due to waiting for a deep route with the defensive pressure.
6/4/2017 3:42 AM
So he can throw the ball that deep but he doesn't have the time.

Okay, thanks.
6/4/2017 4:11 AM
Every QB can attempt a deep pass. The STR variable goes into the simulation and spits out a result along with the other variables. You can test the effectiveness of STR by tossing your FR in a game and just bomb away in the first half (all deep passes) and them compare to your SR doing the same gameplan. The result will be glaring in the completion % statistic.

nitros
6/4/2017 9:28 AM
Posted by nitros on 6/4/2017 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Every QB can attempt a deep pass. The STR variable goes into the simulation and spits out a result along with the other variables. You can test the effectiveness of STR by tossing your FR in a game and just bomb away in the first half (all deep passes) and them compare to your SR doing the same gameplan. The result will be glaring in the completion % statistic.

nitros
I think this experiment might show the Freshman sucks even if he has higher STR than the Senior
6/4/2017 10:23 AM
12 Next ▸
"Can't Get the Pass Off" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.