Changing Offenses? Topic

I'm thinking about switching my Menlo team(Hayes) offense from trips to pro-set. I'm just not being as successful as I think I should be and I've noticed many of the best coaches running pro-set or I-form. I've had some decent success with the trips offense but I've started to lose conidence in it. I wish the trips offense was actually a real one-back offense with 2 wr's on the weak side and 1 wr on the strong instead of having all 3 wr's on the same(weak) side.
Thoughts?
6/6/2017 2:01 AM (edited)
I think I saw on another thread that it's a three season process
1st year practice new formation and old formation, use old formation.
2nd year practice new formation only, use old formation.
3rd year practice and use new formation.
6/5/2017 5:05 PM
I have done the transfer to another formation. I like to switch over in for good in the 3rd season. For 2 seasons I practice old and new formation but my team actually uses the old one. In 3rd season I drop the old one and only practice and use the new one. This works for me.
6/5/2017 6:37 PM
I do what kdog listed. In year 1 I split my practice time into roughly 2/3 to the new offense, and 1/3 to the old. And I play the old offense, except maybe in a few blowout games I'll mix in some new plays in the 2nd half. 2nd year practice the new only, but start mixing in the new offense in games vs sims. Then in year 3 the new is ready to go.
6/5/2017 6:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks for the tips fellas.......I appreciate it.
6/6/2017 12:21 AM
Changing Offenses? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.