Jobs and Full Metal Jacket Quotes Topic

Posted by mrslam34 on 6/6/2017 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/6/2017 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Also, does anyone know why Texas Southern shows that they're open but they don't even show up on my jobs opening list?
My guess is a user who doesn't currently have a team reserved them during the season.
Okay yeah that's what I was thinking... thanks slam.
6/6/2017 7:51 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/6/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slayterhill on 6/6/2017 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/6/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Well that's the weird thing. I'm qualified for a couple C prestige schools like Montana State.

But then I'm a long shot for a couple D- prestige schools like Gardner-Webb
The hiring "logic" in this game would be a little easier to swallow if it actually made any sense.
I'll send in a ticket. At least that will give us an answer to laugh at afterwards.
What? I went straight to gutter humor just for you!!!
6/6/2017 7:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/6/2017 7:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/6/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slayterhill on 6/6/2017 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/6/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Well that's the weird thing. I'm qualified for a couple C prestige schools like Montana State.

But then I'm a long shot for a couple D- prestige schools like Gardner-Webb
The hiring "logic" in this game would be a little easier to swallow if it actually made any sense.
I'll send in a ticket. At least that will give us an answer to laugh at afterwards.
What? I went straight to gutter humor just for you!!!
I liked the FMJ reference too.

CS says things that are the sad kind of funny though.
6/6/2017 7:58 PM
It's they're ain't nothing but steers and queers in Texas and you don't have horns..
6/6/2017 9:24 PM
Benis you should change the title of this thread to Full Metal Jacket quotes. Although most of the good ones would probably get us banned.

At least it would lighten the mood around job change time. I'm already preparing to have my soul crushed again when jobs roll around in Phelan next week.
6/6/2017 9:30 PM
Any reputation or loyalty issues from broken promises or players transferring?
6/6/2017 10:32 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 6/6/2017 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Benis you should change the title of this thread to Full Metal Jacket quotes. Although most of the good ones would probably get us banned.

At least it would lighten the mood around job change time. I'm already preparing to have my soul crushed again when jobs roll around in Phelan next week.
Many of the best FMJ quotes would not make it through the censor, unfortunately. Here, let's try my theory.

"You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human **cking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian sh*t!"
6/7/2017 1:57 PM (edited)
A couple memorable ones to me were - "Oh, that's right, Private Pyle... don't make any ****ing effort to get to the top of the ****ing obstacle! If God wanted you up there, He would have miracled your *** up there by now, wouldn't He?" And "Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and **** my sister"
6/7/2017 12:23 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/6/2017 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Nope. A+ loyalty and rep
6/7/2017 4:23 AM
"Private Pyle, don't fall. That would break my ******* heart"

That one always makes me laugh.
6/7/2017 4:25 AM
Posted by Benis on 6/7/2017 4:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/6/2017 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Nope. A+ loyalty and rep
I'm guessing you just barely missed being qualified for MWC jobs. They're a true mid-major, so higher baselines. My gut tells me one if you had an E8 run in there you'd be qualified right now. Hopefully just one more season and you'll get one of them.
6/7/2017 8:28 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/6/2017 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Louis Gossett? He's done a lot of military movies.

But, thinking about it, he might have said it to Richard Gere. So I think it's a chick flick. Can't remember the name.
You're thinking of the line from An Officer and a Gentleman, which is very similar to the FMJ line.
6/7/2017 12:21 PM
Yep. I f'd it up pretty good mixing two movies together but here it is:

Foley: Oklahoma? Only TWO THINGS come outta Oklahoma, steers and queers. Which one are you boy? I don't see any horns!

That said, Gossett was pretty awesome.

Foley: [his second cadence, for Zack alone] Casey Jones was a son of a *****; Drove his train through a 30 foot ditch; Came on out with his dick in his hand; Said "Listen ladies, I'm a hell of a man!"; Went into town and lined up a hundred; Swore up and down he'd **** every one; ****** 98 'til his balls turned blue; Then he backed off, jacked off, and ****** the other two!
6/7/2017 2:02 PM
For the heck of it, I tried for a team in a power conference that went 1-26 last season - I was a long-shot. I was turned down & the note indicated that the school wanted a coach with more experience. No one has been hired at the school so they'll be a sim again next season.
6/7/2017 3:26 PM
Posted by opie5 on 6/7/2017 3:26:00 PM (view original):
For the heck of it, I tried for a team in a power conference that went 1-26 last season - I was a long-shot. I was turned down & the note indicated that the school wanted a coach with more experience. No one has been hired at the school so they'll be a sim again next season.
What kind of jobs did you qualify for when you made the jump to D1 last season? Was it all D/D- type gigs?
6/7/2017 3:40 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Jobs and Full Metal Jacket Quotes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.