New Dual Season Progressive-1946/1970-only need 1! Topic

This will be a 2 season progressive league, beginning in 1946 and 1970 and progressing one season at a time thereafter. All available players (and units) from both of those years will be thrown into the player pool for the initial draft (initial draft order determined at random and snake style format). We will draft 18 skill position players (QB, RB, WR, and TE), 1 K, 1 P, 1 Def, 1 ST, and 1 OL for a total of 23 rounds. Each owner must draft the minimum players required at each skill position (3 each at QB, RB and TE plus 4 WR's). That means 5 skill position players are available to be dispersed as the owner sees fit.

1946 featured the start of the short lived AAFC, which existed for only 4 seasons (1946-1949). The Cleveland Browns won the league title for all 4 seasons of the AAFC's existence. In 1950, the AAFC folded and the Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Colts were admitted to the NFL, although the Colts folded after the 1950 season and were reborn as an expansion franchise in 1953.

The Cleveland Browns proved that their AAFC titles were no fluke by winning the NFL title in 1950.

At the end of the each season, owners will post their keepers for the upcoming season (1946/71, 1947/72, etc). There is no minimum or maximum # of keepers required and the owner can keep a player as long as he chooses. All non-protected players will be thrown into the draft pool and be eligible to be drafted.

Draft order will be in determined by prior year playoff and regular season win/loss results. For non-playoff teams, order will go worst to first. For playoff teams, all teams losing in first round will be ordered by regular season win% (worst goes first), then second round losers and so on and so forth. Draft order will not snake back and forth but will stay the same in all rounds. Any tiebreakers will be settled as follows: #1-H2H results w/loser getting priority (skip if 3+ teams are tied), #2-fewest points scored, #3-fewest yards gained, #4-coin flip.

Team Names/Alignment - Team names must include the city or state based on where your stadium is located. Mascot name is your choice. You don't have to stay with the traditional NFL team names. Alignment will be determined at random to start off and then will be kept the same thereafter.

Trades - Trades are allowed including trading draft picks. You can't trade draft picks ahead of the next scheduled/currently underway draft.

Salary Cap - Will be set as high as possible

Waiver Wire - not allowed

Injured Reserve - If a player drops out of the player database but comes back in a future year, the owner has the option to place said player on the IR list and re-activate him in the future.

Draft Format - All drafts will be conducted in the Theme League forums. Draft clock will typically be set on either 30 min or hour time blocks with no clock running on the weekends (as I am often out of town on weekends and can't keep the draft updated). If someone else runs the draft and wishes to enforce a clock on the weekends I will defer that to them.

Dual Position Players
There are some players in the player database who appear as a skill position player and a K or P or possibly as both a P and K. An example is George Blanda who is a QB/K. For the purpose of this league, those types of players will be considered to be one player. If an owner drafts a "Dual Position Player" or a DPP as it will be referred, he has the option to use that player at either position or both positions. That player will be exclusive to the drafting owner. From season to season, he may change how he uses said player. Example, in season 1 he could use that player at QB and K, in season 2, he could use him at QB only (and draft a K for season 2), then in season 3, he could cut his other kicker and use said player at K only.

During the initial player draft, if an owner drafts a "Dual Position Player" and decides to use him at both positions, he will then forfeit his final pick in the draft as that spot on the roster will no longer be needed (as there will be 2 versions of the DPP on his roster). The owner DOES NOT have to decide whether to use the DPP at both positions at the time of that pick. All he needs to do is declare that he is using that player as his K or P by the time his final draft pick comes up.

Example - if I draft George Blanda in the middle part of the draft.....I can wait until the last round and decide whether Blanda is a better K than what is left. If there is a better kicker, then I can draft that player. If not, then I can declare that Blanda is also my starting K and then forfeit my final pick.
9/19/2017 11:45 AM (edited)
Owners sign up
1.dspahlinger
2.specsman
3.gwhouse
4.luvyablue
5.Husker75
6.tidealer
7.coolmay_one
8.democolson
9.smartian
10.rmarsh915
11.bmgigdog44
12.poppapomp
13.riverratk
14.longtallbrad
15.666ace
16.ronblood
17.isacqbs58
18.bkdries
19.doubleot
20.firehero
22.gwhouse #2
23.isacqbs58 #2 (by site mail)
24.dspahlinger #2

sitemail list: dspahlinger;specsman;gwhouse;luvyablue;Husher75;tidealer;coolmay_one;democolson;smartian;rmarsh915;
bmbigdog44;poppapomp;riverratk;neabaseball;longtallbrad;666ace;ronblood;isacqbs58;bkdries;doubleot
10/22/2017 12:26 PM (edited)
Please ask questions below or by site mail. You may also sign up below or by site mail.
6/7/2017 7:56 AM
count me in
6/7/2017 9:39 AM
Put me in
6/7/2017 10:55 AM
I'd be glad to be in this league. Count me in.
6/7/2017 10:55 AM
I'm in.
6/7/2017 2:05 PM
Count me in!
6/7/2017 3:38 PM
Count me in.
6/7/2017 9:03 PM
Count me in
6/8/2017 2:46 PM
I'll try this
6/8/2017 3:27 PM
33% filled !!
6/8/2017 9:50 PM
To increase the number of players and team units available, I am considering changing the start season from 1941 & 1960 to 1946 & 1960. The entrance of the AAFC in 1946 creates a surge of more and better players into the league.
6/9/2017 12:47 PM
When the league goes more than 15 years then you will just be repeating the 1960's again.
Why not something like 1946/1976 ?
6/9/2017 1:05 PM
I will also consider 1946/1970, partially out of laziness-I already have data on 1970 players compiled for another purpose. There will never be any overlap between those 2 leagues. with the 24 year gap.

Busy with a couple of other drafts at the moment, may be a few days before I decide.
6/9/2017 3:48 PM
1234 Next ▸
New Dual Season Progressive-1946/1970-only need 1! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.