Dream Checking HD Topic

Does anyone else check HD in their dreams? I wake up (in the dream) then go to my phone, log into my HD, then I reveal the score the same way I do when I am awake (which is go to the schedule page and scroll down without seeing the record at the top) and I look through the box score. I wake up (in real life) and I think that I have already woken up earlier in the night and checked my score, but in reality I did not, and the result is usually different from the dream, wether I won or lost.

This morning, I woke up (in reality) and checked my score (I won) and then I fell back asleep, but then in my dream I woke up and I lost the game (which would have made me really angry because it was an important game in the CT against a weaker team).

Is it insane that I can check my box score in my dream, against the right team, and the right place on the schedule, and have actual stats that make sense in it?

6/7/2017 12:22 PM
I do it during tournament time.....all...the....time..
6/7/2017 12:26 PM
What's so funny is that I had a dream last night that a certain team won the CT final in my conference. That team isn't even playing in the final...
6/7/2017 1:39 PM
Uhhh......no (awkward silence)
6/7/2017 1:54 PM
Only during the NT.

The night I lost the championship in IBA was rough. The dream was soooo much nicer.
6/7/2017 2:02 PM
Posted by Arfy on 6/7/2017 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Uhhh......no (awkward silence)
+1
6/7/2017 2:04 PM
If you go to the office page then click scores you can read play by play if you would like to extend those dreams.
6/7/2017 2:04 PM
I pretty frequently "dream" the if I win or lose a NT game. I would say I am like 90% right.
6/7/2017 2:08 PM
Only when it's a big game I really want to win. The few times it has happened, I won in my dream and lost in real life.

I don't know if this happens for others, but more often than dreaming, I'll wake up right after the games post. Like, a lot. They post at 1:03 here, and very often I wake up around 1:10, check the score, and go back to sleep.
6/7/2017 2:40 PM
Posted by pallas on 6/7/2017 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Only when it's a big game I really want to win. The few times it has happened, I won in my dream and lost in real life.

I don't know if this happens for others, but more often than dreaming, I'll wake up right after the games post. Like, a lot. They post at 1:03 here, and very often I wake up around 1:10, check the score, and go back to sleep.
I usually fight the urge to check my HD teams if I wake up in the middle of the night. Something about trying to get back to sleep at 3 AM after a frustrating loss doesn't appeal to me. I also find reading the play by plays more enjoyable with a cup of coffee and both eyes open. Unless I lose, then it still sucks.
6/7/2017 10:11 PM
Don't dream about it. I do wake up in the middle of the night and check scores of big games or what happened that recruiting cycle then go back to sleep. If it is a big game I check the score in another room so I don't wake up my wife if I shout in victory.
6/7/2017 10:23 PM
If it's a really big game, I'm not against waiting up to see the score. I have a hard time falling asleep if I'm too excited. It's a little like Christmas morning for adults. Will I unwrap that giant Super Soaker or will it be those neon green woolen socks my gram knit me?
6/7/2017 10:39 PM
I've never won a game where I read the play by play, bad juju I guess, so I have to refrain myself from doing it. Instead I find joy (or pain) from scrolling down that page to see the green W or the red L, and in the NT I shiver when I see the horrid "off day" under it.
6/8/2017 12:28 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 6/7/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):
If you go to the office page then click scores you can read play by play if you would like to extend those dreams.
That would quite the dream if that became my habit, I would have all the " and Brown clanks the jumper from 15 feet out" messages playing out over a whole game, that would be really freaky.
6/8/2017 12:31 AM
Posted by slayterhill on 6/7/2017 10:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pallas on 6/7/2017 2:40:00 PM (view original):

I usually fight the urge to check my HD teams if I wake up in the middle of the night. Something about trying to get back to sleep at 3 AM after a frustrating loss doesn't appeal to me. I also find reading the play by plays more enjoyable with a cup of coffee and both eyes open. Unless I lose, then it still sucks.
This. But it's more if I become too "active", I won't go back to sleep. Did it once and was up two hours. Convinced myself that the score would not change if I checked at 4 AM or 6 AM.

Game 7 of HBD WS are at 3 AM. Checked those. Same result with sleep.
6/8/2017 7:17 AM
12 Next ▸
Dream Checking HD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.