Huntingdon has 47 scholarships this recruiting period in Rockne, How in the word can this happen?
6/8/2017 9:20 AM
Someone meticulously planned it that way. Their thinking is, once every four years they would be a sure thing for the national championship.
6/8/2017 9:32 AM
Posted by columbusbuck on 6/8/2017 9:32:00 AM (view original):
Someone meticulously planned it that way. Their thinking is, once every four years they would be a sure thing for the national championship.
Yep. Not the most efficient way to build a program but it is an interesting experiment
6/8/2017 9:37 AM
Crazy. I can't imagine finding the talent at all positions in one cycle.
6/8/2017 10:26 AM
I like recruiting, but not that much

6/8/2017 11:46 AM
Check this one out

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/Roster.aspx?tid=49828

I can't imagine the extreme patience it must take to get your roster set up this way. That is the beauty of this game. Run your team how YOU want to.
I can imagine it is a lot of fun recruiting with that much money at the D3 level.
6/8/2017 12:34 PM
Posted by holdaway on 6/8/2017 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Crazy. I can't imagine finding the talent at all positions in one cycle.
6/8/2017 1:35 PM
How do you get rid that many players? You can only cut 3 players a cycle.
6/8/2017 2:07 PM
Posted by FlaRounder on 6/8/2017 2:07:00 PM (view original):
How do you get rid that many players? You can only cut 3 players a cycle.
Redshirt guys when they are sophomores, juniors, and/or seniors - eventually between doing that and cutting players you can get to this point.
6/8/2017 2:16 PM
To each their own. If you have fun with it, then why not. For me, if I have a senior or Junior that is not getting major playing time, then they are wasted.
6/8/2017 2:18 PM
Posted by frmrd3coach on 6/8/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Check this one out

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/Roster.aspx?tid=49828

I can't imagine the extreme patience it must take to get your roster set up this way. That is the beauty of this game. Run your team how YOU want to.
I can imagine it is a lot of fun recruiting with that much money at the D3 level.
Even with an all-Senior roster last season, he still lost a game. Lucky for him, he lost it during the regular season and not the playoffs. I notice four years earlier he was not so lucky.
6/8/2017 2:46 PM
I'm really not sure why you'd want to only be competitive for a NC every four seasons (maybe two of every four). I'd rather be competitive every season. But I guess if you're not a good gameplanner, it's one way to win a NC - bludgeon your opponent over the head with all-Senior talent / Formation IQ. This would be most-effective at the D-III and D-II levels, with diminish effect at the upper levels.
6/8/2017 3:47 PM
I can't imagine it would even be that effective, considering you only have 22 starters, it's not like 47 people even play in every game (plus who cares if your 7th OL is a senior). Also a massive waste of bowl/playoff money in the other 3 years.

I try to balance the other way, 12/13/12/13 is ideal for me, that way you're winning every year. Maaaaaybe something like 10/15/10/15 so you're a little more dominant every other year.
6/8/2017 4:57 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 6/8/2017 4:57:00 PM (view original):
I can't imagine it would even be that effective, considering you only have 22 starters, it's not like 47 people even play in every game (plus who cares if your 7th OL is a senior). Also a massive waste of bowl/playoff money in the other 3 years.

I try to balance the other way, 12/13/12/13 is ideal for me, that way you're winning every year. Maaaaaybe something like 10/15/10/15 so you're a little more dominant every other year.
Well... I guess it depends on style-of-play, with regard to using your depth, but having ALL my depth be Seniors would be - for me - a significant advantage over my current setup. But all the other downsides would more than compensate and drive me away from such an approach.

I didn't even think of the bowl/playoff money, but you're right.

I balance like your first way. Love it. Compete every year, even if I don't win it all.
6/8/2017 6:20 PM
Wow the Huntington coach concluded a 6 season winless streak a few seasons ago. That's dedication I guess.
6/8/2017 6:37 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.