End of Season Checklist Topic

Posted by tlowster on 9/30/2018 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Its two separate discussions.
1. Any players in AA or lower, promote them directly after the season or playoffs is over - which ever comes later.
2. Any major league call-ups should happen at the beginning of the season after 20 minor league players have past.
Wouldn’t it be smarter to call the AAA guys up, then demote them and keep them in the minors till you earn the extra arb year? This is because then they’ll decide the end of season boost.
9/30/2018 11:38 AM
My main question: If players are not promoted before rollover, but there are improvements during rollover not impacted by the training budget (training impacts power, stamina, durability, and velocity), then is that evidence that late season promotion bumps will happen during rollover anyway?
10/3/2018 2:59 PM
The bumps you get from the late season promotion are coachable bumps (splits, ground ball, contact, glove eye, control, etc.). The bumps u get after rollover are training bumps (arm, power, velocity, speed, etc.). So, if you do not use the late season promotion strategy, will not see any late season bumps to coachable ratings.

Keep in mind that not all players will get bumps. Sometimes, especially when the team does not make the minor league playoffs, a player will not see any coachable ratings despite the promotion. Players will have a higher probability of receiving bumps if they have more games played (ie playoffs).

Also, have to be careful with demotions, if a players patience rating is low, he could receive a ratings nerf.
10/3/2018 6:06 PM
There was a notion at one point that the player's cards reflect a snapshot in time, and that players development in coachable attributes between "bumps" still affect the game engine. One test of this would be to look at a player between the end of the season and rollover to see if any coachable attributes improve. (PJ has noted that he hasn't seen any improvement in coaching attributes during rollover -- I haven't been watching closely.)

The other question: does not promoting at the very end of the season just delay that development or lose it?
10/4/2018 8:54 AM (edited)
That question regarding delaying or losing development I do not have an answer. My guess would be that it delays it, but it is my understanding that each player has a peak number in each rating and eventually, the player either reaches that peak or never reches that peak. So, if you don't take each development opportunity, over time, that delay in development turns into a loss of development.

I have seen ditr players receive 4-5 point bumps in a single rating before due to an end of the season bump. So, I certainly recommend at least promoting all current year ditr players.
10/7/2018 12:28 AM (edited)
Posted by tlowster on 10/4/2018 5:36:00 PM (view original):
That question regarding delaying or losing development I do not have an answer. My guess would be that it delays it, but it is my understanding that each player has a peak number in each rating and eventually, the play either reaches that peak or never reches that peak. So, if you don't take each development opportunity, over time, that delay in development turns into a loss of development.

I have seen ditr players receive 4-5 point bumps in a single rating before due to an end of the season bump. So, I certainly recommend at least promoting all current year ditr players.
So, then do I promote AAA guys before rollover, then demote them after rollover, then promote them after 20 games?
10/6/2018 9:37 PM
That partially depends on if they are on the 40 already and if they have options remaining. If they're not on the 40, you will have to decide your level of comfort starting their option clock.
10/6/2018 10:14 PM
Posted by opie100 on 10/6/2018 10:15:00 PM (view original):
That partially depends on if they are on the 40 already and if they have options remaining. If they're not on the 40, you will have to decide your level of comfort starting their option clock.
I wouldn't care about their option clock because these decisions would mostly be with big prospects. Also, how do I see how many ML days a player has had.
10/6/2018 10:35 PM
Desktop computer will show you days on the player card - scroll over 'ml years'.

I am going to experiment with promoting AAA players to the mlb roster this season. There are a few things that I am going to keep in mind:
1. Make sure to promote the player to the mlb roster after all AAA games have played (including any AAA playoff games).
2. Make sure the player is promoted to the mlb roster after the mlb regular season is over to be sure the player does not acrue any official mlb days.
3. If the player has a high patience rating (80+, could be less than this, but I have not experimented enough to confirm), demote him back to AAA immediately. This will prevent the player from making $327k the following season. If the player has a low patience rating, be sure to evaluate him before promotion. If you promote him, be prepared to pay him $327k (possibly $343k) the following season.
10/7/2018 12:27 AM
Posted by tlowster on 10/7/2018 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Desktop computer will show you days on the player card - scroll over 'ml years'.

I am going to experiment with promoting AAA players to the mlb roster this season. There are a few things that I am going to keep in mind:
1. Make sure to promote the player to the mlb roster after all AAA games have played (including any AAA playoff games).
2. Make sure the player is promoted to the mlb roster after the mlb regular season is over to be sure the player does not acrue any official mlb days.
3. If the player has a high patience rating (80+, could be less than this, but I have not experimented enough to confirm), demote him back to AAA immediately. This will prevent the player from making $327k the following season. If the player has a low patience rating, be sure to evaluate him before promotion. If you promote him, be prepared to pay him $327k (possibly $343k) the following season.
For number 2, do you mean the regular season, or the playoffs?
10/7/2018 11:11 AM
◂ Prev 12
End of Season Checklist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.