Battling a SIM in 3.0 Topic

I've read that a SIM will continue putting in effort until they think they can no longer win. Does that mean if a SIM is ahead and has a division advantage (D2 vs D3) then it is impossible to catch them?
6/8/2017 10:27 PM
Depends on how far they are ahead. If they are barely ahead and have not put much effort in, and you have a ton of money, you could go all in and overwhelm them. But they may come back and catch you if the guy does not sign soon. I have not tried catching up to a D1 sim as a D2 team, so I am kind of just speculating

6/8/2017 11:13 PM
I've been on him since the first cycle and he has a late signing preference. The SIM beat me to unlocking the scholarship and I'm still at very low even after I offered.
6/8/2017 11:15 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 6/8/2017 11:13:00 PM (view original):
Depends on how far they are ahead. If they are barely ahead and have not put much effort in, and you have a ton of money, you could go all in and overwhelm them. But they may come back and catch you if the guy does not sign soon. I have not tried catching up to a D1 sim as a D2 team, so I am kind of just speculating

I have tried that and lost the battle. I was well ahead and then the SIM dropped a recruiting bomb and knocked me down to Moderate. The guy was a late signer and I just didn't have enough DII money left to overcome the barrage.
6/8/2017 11:24 PM
I'd probably stay away from fighting higher divisions. The only point I see it being possible is like chaminade in Hawaii beating out a d1 school on the mainland for a Hawaii kid.
6/9/2017 12:36 AM
I've done it, it's not that difficult to bump them down to moderate, the trick is to keep them there, I had 20 APs on guys then the SIM goes up for one cycle and the kid signs. When the sim goes up I assume they are using APS not HVs, because I have bumped them down by going from 20 to 80 APs in a cycle. So I am working on finding the amount of APs that will keep them from jumping up, it is more than 20 and less than 80 is all I can say right now.

I have been burned multiple times and 2 times recently where I lost a 4 star and a 2 star in back to back cycles. The last day of 1st period.
6/9/2017 10:58 AM
In DI, usually 4 HVs per letter grade of prestige you are worse by is good enough.
6/9/2017 12:14 PM
Battling a SIM in 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.