"Not a battle" battle Topic

I'm probably screwing myself for asking as the other user is active in the forums.

I'm on a guy. I'm stuck at moderate. He's very high. He has no scholarships to offer. My assumptions are A) he had more than three offers for his three schollies and this guy didn't sign when the other three did(my interest?) B) he still has 20 AP on the player.

So the question is, if I get to high, will it trigger a battle that I will automatically win since I have an open schollie? Or is there some scenario where, even if I got to high, nothing happens?
6/9/2017 12:02 PM
If you CAN get to he and he decides to sign it will be with you.
6/9/2017 12:13 PM
But the possibility exists that, even if I get to high, he may not sign?
6/9/2017 12:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/9/2017 12:26:00 PM (view original):
hmm I don't think so anymore, If I remember correctly 2.0 logic recruits could choose to not sign and show up next season as JUCOs (due to the dropdown/pulldown logic). But I have yet to see a case where a school was at High or Very high and the recruit went JUCO.

In theory since dropdowns and pulldowns do not exist then a recruit logically will sign at a school if his interest is high enough.
6/9/2017 12:43 PM
Nope.
6/9/2017 12:50 PM
If you get to high and are the only scholarship offer on the table that is high/very high at the cycle where the player chooses to sign, you will get the player.

6/9/2017 12:51 PM
I mean nope its not a possibility. He will sign with you
6/9/2017 12:51 PM
Following up on this, and it's sort of morals question, if you're in this situation at Very High would the prospect recognize promised minutes and start even if the school had no schollies? And would doing that to keep the kid from signing be frowned upon by the HD community?

Certainly not accusing the other user of shenanigans, he seems to be a highly respected, stand up guy around here. But I might do it in the future if it's not considered bad form. After all, maybe he'd have a leg up next season on the guy.
6/9/2017 5:01 PM
That's a bit of a dick move but I don't know...

I would never ever do that.
6/9/2017 5:31 PM
Seems like fair play to me. I have no problem with it.
6/9/2017 5:34 PM
Do we know if the school would get credit for minutes/start with no schollie open?
6/9/2017 5:38 PM
Yes they would.
6/9/2017 5:39 PM
He could always cut a player to make room and sign him.
6/9/2017 5:39 PM
Yeah, I've looked. He could. He might. But I'm not making headway anyhow so that's why I'm wondering if minutes/starts are involved.
6/9/2017 5:41 PM
I'm assuming this other team is a higher division? He probably is just using his 20 AP and his division multiplier is outpacing the effort you're putting in. But no idea really..
6/9/2017 5:44 PM
123 Next ▸
"Not a battle" battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.