"Not a battle" battle Topic

So you maxed out and were still stuck at moderate? Interesting.
6/20/2017 2:39 PM
There was a reason I started this thread and it appears you stumbled across it.

Congrats?

6/20/2017 2:58 PM
Where'd you post go Shoe? Why'd you delete it?
6/20/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/20/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
I shouldn't post while day drinking.
6/20/2017 3:12 PM
I don't see anywhere in this thread where you said offered 20 HVs and a CV Mike. You said this

"No, same division. I think he poured a lot more in early. We came out the gate Moderate/Very High with both offering scholarships." This indicates that you were pumping APs and the other team did the same. Then you were at Mod to VH. Did you then spend the 20 HVs and 1 CV after unlocking them?

Maybe you did. But it just seemed likely to me that you didn't since you were stuck at Moderate. Chapel had only 3 openings but was able to sign 3 other players and still had enough cash to max out on this 4th guy? Again, it's definitely possible but just based upon this information, it didn't seem likely to me.
6/20/2017 3:14 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 6/20/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/20/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
I shouldn't post while day drinking.
That's the best time to post. Hands down.
6/20/2017 3:15 PM
What I had said was that it was really super interesting that chapel had filled 3 scholarships in the first session. It would be surprising, and I know a lot of D2 coaches don't even scout D2 (I usually do, at least Texas, for what it's worth).

But then I looked at his team and realized no way were those D2 recruits. Sure enough, he said first cycle (presumably of 2nd session), not first session. So bubble burst.
6/20/2017 3:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/20/2017 3:14:00 PM (view original):
I don't see anywhere in this thread where you said offered 20 HVs and a CV Mike. You said this

"No, same division. I think he poured a lot more in early. We came out the gate Moderate/Very High with both offering scholarships." This indicates that you were pumping APs and the other team did the same. Then you were at Mod to VH. Did you then spend the 20 HVs and 1 CV after unlocking them?

Maybe you did. But it just seemed likely to me that you didn't since you were stuck at Moderate. Chapel had only 3 openings but was able to sign 3 other players and still had enough cash to max out on this 4th guy? Again, it's definitely possible but just based upon this information, it didn't seem likely to me.
I didn't say it in this thread as it was happening at the time and I didn't want to show my hand. I said it in cubcub's "Biggest Problem" thread. I bumped this thread to show him his idea wasn't "foolproof" as he claimed.

Weren't you part of that thread? I'm sure you were.
6/20/2017 3:19 PM

He said he maxed (visits) in the other thread. I think it's pretty clear he didn't match promises. And since the whole premise of the other thread was on 3.0 version of sniping, that makes sense. He's trying to sneak in and get a guy who may have been left vulnerable. Turns out, he wasn't.
6/20/2017 3:20 PM
I pointed out that I did not offer minutes/starts in this thread.
6/20/2017 3:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2017 3:19:00 PM (view original):

I didn't say it in this thread as it was happening at the time and I didn't want to show my hand. I said it in cubcub's "Biggest Problem" thread. I bumped this thread to show him his idea wasn't "foolproof" as he claimed.

Yeah but you know I barely read what other people post. I just gloss right over them.

But regardless, it is interesting that you put in that much effort and still couldn't get into signing range against a B prestige team at your same division.
6/20/2017 3:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):
I pointed out that I did not offer minutes/starts in this thread.
Or maybe I didn't because, again, this thread was real time and I didn't want to show my hand.
6/20/2017 3:23 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/20/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2017 3:19:00 PM (view original):

Yeah but you know I barely read what other people post. I just gloss right over them.

But regardless, it is interesting that you put in that much effort and still couldn't get into signing range against a B prestige team at your same division.
Minutes and starts.
6/20/2017 4:40 PM
◂ Prev 123
"Not a battle" battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.