Low Major or Mid Major Topic

Sacramento St faces off in the D-1 championship tonight in Phelan. I don't know if Utah is a true mid major however, considering their baseline prestige is in-line with other Big 6 schools.

What can be agreed upon is Sacramento St. will be the first D baseline prestige school to win a D-1 championship if they can pull it out tonight. Thoughts? Is there such a term as "low major"?
6/10/2017 12:10 PM
Yes low major is the correct term.
6/10/2017 12:35 PM
Congrats to 0nly on his great team and season. However, I think that UCLA is just incredible. UCLA won their previous matchup, an exhibition game, by 10. I'm interested to see what happens.
6/10/2017 12:52 PM
Congrats to buddhagamer as well in getting this far. I was actually interested in seeing an Iowa vs Sacramento St. matchup, two fullcourt pressing teams going at it.
6/10/2017 1:11 PM
Sacramento St runs FB/FCP and has a TEAM stamina rating of 86. Holy hell.
6/10/2017 1:43 PM
I think Sac St is a great example why being at a low major or non B6 conference isn't a big disadvantage anymore. You can get high seeds and make deep runs. Working to get to a B6 school just isn't that big of an incentive anymore.
6/10/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/10/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
I think Sac St is a great example why being at a low major or non B6 conference isn't a big disadvantage anymore. You can get high seeds and make deep runs. Working to get to a B6 school just isn't that big of an incentive anymore.
Location is key though. Check what Only brought in considering UCLA, CAL are two of the best programs in Phelan and Whompus patrols Oregon, Washington and northern cal recruits... Not sure you can do what he did in the east, that is why I still think Florida, California and Texas have the edge under 3.0
6/11/2017 1:21 PM
I actually think the best locations are the areas near those places that can recruit them but are closer to the mainland. Alabama, Georgia, Nevada, and Northern Texas (Texas Tech) seem like the best places with Cali, Southern Texas, and Florida close behind. Obviously PBAU and Colorado are the best for DIII and Chadron St and NW Nazarene are the best for DII.
6/11/2017 5:26 PM
UPDATE:

Tonight in Knight, Mercer faces Cincinnati for the championship. Another shot for a low major to win it all.
6/24/2017 9:14 AM
This Mercer run is kind of crazy. No idea how I'm going to fall asleep tonight.
6/24/2017 10:00 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/24/2017 10:00:00 AM (view original):
I was looking over your years there and it's gotta be though for you because you know in the long run you really should leave for a higher baseline team but after building them up from a D- it'd be abandoning your child haha. Good luck tonight!
6/24/2017 10:07 AM
Put on a pot of coffee, make some popcorn, and hit the Refresh button repeatedly. Good luck.
6/24/2017 11:04 AM
Posted by MWalpole on 6/24/2017 10:07:00 AM (view original):
I was looking over your years there and it's gotta be though for you because you know in the long run you really should leave for a higher baseline team but after building them up from a D- it'd be abandoning your child haha. Good luck tonight!
If they win I wonder if he could get them to A+.
6/24/2017 11:05 AM
if winning a championship doesn't get you to an A+ something is wrong with the game lol.
6/24/2017 12:12 PM
Low Major or Mid Major Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.