Lost my first battle Topic

What's the standard complaint about how broken the system is? I forgot.
Team Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer? Odds
Iowa fredpaull DI C- Very High Yes 47%
Lander MikeT23 DII C+ Very High Yes 53%

Iowa came out of nowhere. I was only school on him for several cycles.
6/10/2017 5:45 PM
I believe it's "The game is broken" "It was way better way back in 2.0" Throw a tantrum and make a public post that you are leaving the game and everyone should feel sorry for you. And then quietly sneak back in 2 months later.
6/10/2017 6:05 PM
BRING BACK 2.0!!!!!!!. 53 SHOULD BEAT 47 ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME!!!!!! IF ONE TEAM HAS 53 AND THE OTHER TEAM HAS 47, WHO WINS?!?!??!?!?? THE 53!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!!!!!!!!!!
6/10/2017 6:16 PM
Foiled by math again!!!!!!!!
6/10/2017 6:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/10/2017 6:16:00 PM (view original):
BRING BACK 2.0!!!!!!!. 53 SHOULD BEAT 47 ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME!!!!!! IF ONE TEAM HAS 53 AND THE OTHER TEAM HAS 47, WHO WINS?!?!??!?!?? THE 53!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot to mention that you are playing out your credits and that WIS can kiss your *** as you leave the game forever.
6/10/2017 11:12 PM
Several things that I dont like about 3.0 - reflecting in my opinion bad decisions or lack of attention - but this is not one of them. I think it has enhanced the game to have probabalistic results of battles.

the 50-50 ish results are a clear improvement - way better than having a tiny lead decide the battle on a deterministic basis

it does get really annoying at times - and especially when you lose when way ahead - like 70-30 and beyond. Even without that, can be crushing to lose a few coin flips in the same cycle.

I might adjust the level at which it swings to 100% but thats a detail.
6/11/2017 10:28 AM
Not talking about that. Sorry.

I was being sarcastic for those who don't know. I should have lost to a D1. And I don't mind the 53-47 loss.
6/11/2017 11:27 AM
I did. Hence the "Not talking about that. Sorry",

Start your own thread for that.
6/11/2017 1:33 PM
? Damn Mike, you are getting soft.
6/11/2017 1:40 PM
Just disinterested in another one of "those" discussions.
6/11/2017 2:44 PM
Ok. I guess we will wait and see. Battles are now part of the game, basically so I guess, it's hope to avoid most, lose some, win some.
6/11/2017 2:49 PM
Lost another.
S. Maine runnrun DIII C+ Very High Yes 44%
W. Connecticut St. MikeT23 DIII A- Very High Yes 56%

Could complain about this one if I was one of "those" people.
6/28/2017 6:48 AM
Posted by mamxet on 6/11/2017 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Several things that I dont like about 3.0 - reflecting in my opinion bad decisions or lack of attention - but this is not one of them. I think it has enhanced the game to have probabalistic results of battles.

the 50-50 ish results are a clear improvement - way better than having a tiny lead decide the battle on a deterministic basis

it does get really annoying at times - and especially when you lose when way ahead - like 70-30 and beyond. Even without that, can be crushing to lose a few coin flips in the same cycle.

I might adjust the level at which it swings to 100% but thats a detail.
I've won a couple of coin flips with rebuilding teams and it is cool, but I don't like the way it works too much. I have a hard time with this though. I guess it is more in how I think about it. I see Very High and think it is a look into the players mind that he likes me twice as much as another school. However, I guess I should think about it as we are getting a probability of his signing with my team rather than a look at which he likes more. I need to think of it as I have a 2-1 chance to sign him rather than he likes me twice as much as the other school.
6/28/2017 7:52 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/28/2017 6:48:00 AM (view original):
Lost another.
S. Maine runnrun DIII C+ Very High Yes 44%
W. Connecticut St. MikeT23 DIII A- Very High Yes 56%

Could complain about this one if I was one of "those" people.
you are trying to view this as a game and not a simulation. It is publicized as a sports simulation and if you take the time to think about what that means you would realize that in everyday life highly recruited players make interesting decisions everyday. Below are espn100 recruits that went to small schools or made questionable school decisions.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/190362/paul-scruggs - #30 Signed with Xavier over Illinois - Indiana - Kansas- Lousiville - Mich State - Ohio State - Purdue - Wake Forest - Washington

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203421/mitchell-robinson - #10 Signed with Western Kentucky over Texas A&M - DePaul - UMass - Murray State

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/188993/ethan-thompson - #39 Signed with Oregon State over Cal - Loyola Marymount - Syracuse - USC- Utah

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/207872/jordan-goodwin - #53 Signed with Saint Louis over Alabama - Butler - Creighton - Illinois - Missouri - Northwestern

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/211977/carteare-gordon - #23 of 2018 class Signed with Saint Louis over Cincinnati - Illinois - Iowa - Iowa St - Kansas - Kansas St - Missouri - Notre Dame - Oklahoma ST - Purdue - Texas - UNLV - USC

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/220229/tyger-campbell - #47 of 2018 class Signed with DePaul over Alabama - Illinois - Mich St - New Mexico - Ole Miss - Purdue - SMU - TCU - Tennessee - UNLV - Virginia Tech - Western Kentucky

Upsets happen in the real life to major programs in the top 100. The best recruits don't go to the schools with the most money or whoever spends the most. Everyone who complains doesn't realize this is a simulation and a simulation is not the same as a game. A game is a finite established experience where a simulation is to recreate what occurs in the real world. To expect the biggest stick win the battle is a very primitive way of thinking...
6/28/2017 10:34 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/11/2017 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Not talking about that. Sorry.

I was being sarcastic for those who don't know. I should have lost to a D1. And I don't mind the 53-47 loss.
Still being sarcastic. I don't care that I lost a 54-46. Sorry you didn't realize it before the long, well-researched post.
6/28/2017 11:11 AM
123 Next ▸
Lost my first battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.