Tark Population Topic

I'd say Zorzii has it figured out.
6/16/2017 3:37 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 6/16/2017 11:22:00 AM (view original):
zorzii, doesn't it make you nervous that so many coaches have figured out recruiting so much better than you describe? And that your old refrain, "cap," gets no traction?
I am doing fine. I am saying it for the good of the game. Get D2 and D3 teams into the action at first session, first signing cycle. To do so, a cap is needed. 550 D3, 580 D2. Make players above that unscoutable.
6/16/2017 3:51 PM
Zorzii has it pretty spot on. 3.0 recruiting is not really fun at the lower levels anymore, when previously it used to be one of my favorite parts of the game. It's become a lot of wait and see.
6/16/2017 8:35 PM
I'm also doing just fine at D3 but I'm not finding it as fun as D1 recruiting lately.

I don't really agree with some of Zorzii's assessment but I do think that D3 recruiting is off base. When I'm recruiting at D1, I feel like "okay, so THIS is what they were going for with new system". I don't think D1 is perfect or anything but it actually feels more compelling and engaging than the other two divisions.
6/16/2017 8:55 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 6/16/2017 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Zorzii has it pretty spot on. 3.0 recruiting is not really fun at the lower levels anymore, when previously it used to be one of my favorite parts of the game. It's become a lot of wait and see.
Exactly. To be honest, I'd say I'm pretty good at DII recruiting but it's kinda boring and doesn't have much strategy.
6/16/2017 9:12 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/16/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Exactly. To be honest, I'd say I'm pretty good at DII recruiting but it's kinda boring and doesn't have much strategy.
Yup. I actually had Palm Beach Atlantic and Colorado College when 3.0 started BETA but disliked the new DIII recruiting format so much that I dropped both before 3.0 went into production. Guess I should have stayed, despite my revulsion, just to rack up National Titles.
6/16/2017 11:02 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/16/2017 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/16/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Yup. I actually had Palm Beach Atlantic and Colorado College when 3.0 started BETA but disliked the new DIII recruiting format so much that I dropped both before 3.0 went into production. Guess I should have stayed, despite my revulsion, just to rack up National Titles.
Small changes to recruiting and I am back in D3. I enjoyed it but recruiting these days is boring as hell. I could go all D1...
6/17/2017 8:32 AM
If all you knew of the game of chess is where the pieces move, but none of the sophisticated strategy, even chess would become boring. Recruiting is boring when all you have figured out is the first half, the basics. It is the fine touches beyond that that make it most interesting. If all I knew of D3 or D2 recruiting was a waiting game, yeah, I'd be bored, too. But that's no reason to blame the game.
6/17/2017 10:30 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 6/17/2017 10:30:00 AM (view original):
If all you knew of the game of chess is where the pieces move, but none of the sophisticated strategy, even chess would become boring. Recruiting is boring when all you have figured out is the first half, the basics. It is the fine touches beyond that that make it most interesting. If all I knew of D3 or D2 recruiting was a waiting game, yeah, I'd be bored, too. But that's no reason to blame the game.
Did you ever see the movie "Split"?
6/17/2017 10:49 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'd love to see Spud work in consumer research

"I don't like this product"
"You just don't understand how it works."
"How does it work?"
"Figure it out"
"Oh I see how it works now. I still don't like it"
"Clearly there is something wrong with YOU"
6/17/2017 11:01 AM
I have an 1805 chess rating...nowhere near Grandmaster but I'm not newbie to the game. Using chess as an analogy is probably not a persuasive argument. Can you imagine how ignorant the game of chess would be if checkmate was determined by a random dice roll? Sophisticated strategy...LOL.
6/17/2017 11:13 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/17/2017 11:13:00 AM (view original):
I have an 1805 chess rating...nowhere near Grandmaster but I'm not newbie to the game. Using chess as an analogy is probably not a persuasive argument. Can you imagine how ignorant the game of chess would be if checkmate was determined by a random dice roll? Sophisticated strategy...LOL.
I won the recruiting battles for your queen and left rook. Have fun with two extra walk-pawns.
6/17/2017 11:57 AM
Posted by Benis on 6/17/2017 10:57:00 AM (view original):
All- "hey guys, I'm not finding this game very fun"
Spud- "You're not very good at it, that's why"
All- "No, I'm pretty good at it. I just don't think it's fun"
Spud - "The game MUST BE FUN because I said so."

LOL!!!
And let's not forget blaming your failure on the game. Even if you put every ounce of effort into getting a recruit 1,200 APs 20HV 1CV Start and 25 MPG, it's still your fault for not putting the other coach down to moderate. 75% chance of getting a high end D-1 recruit and missed out? Well next time you'll be smart and recruit the 450 rated players. There are plenty of recruits.

-Coach Spud
6/17/2017 11:59 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/17/2017 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/17/2017 11:13:00 AM (view original):
I won the recruiting battles for your queen and left rook. Have fun with two extra walk-pawns.
Doesn't matter. I waited around until move 26, got my black bishop to High with a 31% chance of checkmating your King and won the game!
6/17/2017 12:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Tark Population Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.