Tark Population Topic

If spud digs his heels in any further, he may end up on the other side of the planet.
6/17/2017 12:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/17/2017 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/17/2017 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/17/2017 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by l80r20 on 6/17/2017 10:30:00 AM (view original):
If all you knew of the game of chess is where the pieces move, but none of the sophisticated strategy, even chess would become boring. Recruiting is boring when all you have figured out is the first half, the basics. It is the fine touches beyond that that make it most interesting. If all I knew of D3 or D2 recruiting was a waiting game, yeah, I'd be bored, too. But that's no reason to blame the game.
I have an 1805 chess rating...nowhere near Grandmaster but I'm not newbie to the game. Using chess as an analogy is probably not a persuasive argument. Can you imagine how ignorant the game of chess would be if checkmate was determined by a random dice roll? Sophisticated strategy...LOL.
I won the recruiting battles for your queen and left rook. Have fun with two extra walk-pawns.
Doesn't matter. I waited around until move 26, got my black bishop to High with a 31% chance of checkmating your King and won the game!
Lol. Gomiami cracks me up. I'm kinda stuck at a 1400.
6/18/2017 8:42 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 6/17/2017 10:35:00 PM (view original):
I can see why Spud apparently left the game. As MikeT said in another thread, there's a lot of stupid around here. Although it is funny in a way that no one responds to any point I make in a thread, y'all just talk to a ghost that isn't even around any more. smh
OK champ
6/18/2017 10:58 AM
Might as well bump this thread with some more population numbers-

Phelan's season just started
D1 - 109
D2 - 79
D3 - 73

Allen has new coach signups tomorrow
D1 - 108
D2 - 72
D3 - 69
6/22/2017 7:49 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/22/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Might as well bump this thread with some more population numbers-

Phelan's season just started
D1 - 109
D2 - 79
D3 - 73

Allen has new coach signups tomorrow
D1 - 108
D2 - 72
D3 - 69
It's almost getting to the point where all humans, assuming competency, will make the NT or, at worst, the PIT every season. 600+ cannon fodder SIM teams in each world. That's a lot of fun.
6/22/2017 10:04 PM
If the humans wanted to make a stand, they'd abandon a couple of worlds and show WifS what's up.

They won't. People are selfish but it would be awesome to see a couple of worlds with near 600 and another couple in single digits.
6/22/2017 11:33 PM
Oh ok...It's the users' fault that the world's are now empty.
That's a good one...even for you.
6/23/2017 6:47 AM
Point being, people say they want to play against other humans then join conferences with no humans. So, if they really want to play humans, they could abandon a couple of worlds to join designated "human" worlds.

But you're too dense to understand that.
6/23/2017 7:26 AM
That would really suck if you only had one team that you've built up and spent literally years getting to a high level D1 team. Everyone moves to another world and WIS shuts your world down.

So you'd really only be screwing over those people.
6/23/2017 7:53 AM
I doubt WifS shuts down worlds unless they're completely empty. And there's about zero chance anyone who has one team that they've built up and spent literally years getting to a high level D team would abandon said team. But I would not be interested in hearing how they want to play humans.

We, as humans, have to accept that there will not be a new user explosion. World population will be about 1/3 til the end of time if the humans interested in this game don't congregate in a specific world. Sort of the Rupp experiment which added 30some users intent on working their way to D1. Which, if people were actually interested in playing humans, should have been much higher.
6/23/2017 8:21 AM
I'll add, if not Rupp, I wasn't in. I only want two teams and I have a full conference in Smith. I'm not leaving that one and Rupp lines up nicely with Smith on the downtime timeline.
6/23/2017 8:26 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/23/2017 8:21:00 AM (view original):
I doubt WifS shuts down worlds unless they're completely empty. And there's about zero chance anyone who has one team that they've built up and spent literally years getting to a high level D team would abandon said team. But I would not be interested in hearing how they want to play humans.

We, as humans, have to accept that there will not be a new user explosion. World population will be about 1/3 til the end of time if the humans interested in this game don't congregate in a specific world. Sort of the Rupp experiment which added 30some users intent on working their way to D1. Which, if people were actually interested in playing humans, should have been much higher.
"Which, if people were actually interested in playing humans, should have been much higher."

Perhaps more would have joined if the job process was improved. That's the main reason I didn't want to do it.
6/23/2017 12:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Tark Population Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.