Draft Advice: guaranteed MLB contract Topic

In your experience(s) what does: "Looking for a guaranteed MLB contract. If not, he'll probably take the scholarship and play DI baseball," mean?
6/13/2017 8:03 AM
I did get this guy in the draft and offered his demands. I assume I'll have to use an option to send him to the minors instead of starting him in the majors. Will this stunt his progression?
6/13/2017 8:05 AM
No, it will just burn options as long as you leave him on the 40 man roster.
6/13/2017 8:55 AM
If you want him sign him and you can designate him with out waivers to remove him from the 40 man and keep him in the minors saving 2 option years
6/13/2017 10:12 AM
Posted by mktulu2 on 6/13/2017 10:12:00 AM (view original):
If you want him sign him and you can designate him with out waivers to remove him from the 40 man and keep him in the minors saving 2 option years
I thought designate without waivers pretty much meant he was being released....???

What does this really mean?
6/13/2017 11:03 AM
As long as he has options, it's fine. DWW immediately removes a player from your 40 man. With options, you can assign to minors.
6/13/2017 12:42 PM
Draft Advice: guaranteed MLB contract Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.