Maybe this should be posted in classifieds as well. But when you visit the Classifieds possibly browsing for a new team, what do you look for? Do you look for a specific team that will fit your interest? Do you look for a good league to join rather than a team? Also, what jumps out at you that makes you become interested in that classified?
6/13/2017 1:32 PM
You should be looking for a good league. You can fix your team, you can't fix the league.
6/13/2017 1:52 PM
I'm looking at it from the recruiters side of view. So selling someone on the league is more important than selling someone on the available teams?
6/13/2017 2:12 PM
I think so. I don't even list teams until I have interested users. I don't want people joining MG/Coop because there's a stacked team or a high pick. I want them joining because they want to be in a good, competitive league that rolls quickly.
6/13/2017 2:18 PM
The top leagues list is awesome. Then usually if I can take a team halfway through a season or with the promise of credits that helps. I'm a poor melennial who loves what he does but does not get paid well for it.
6/13/2017 2:40 PM
You already know what you want to do to run a team. Whether you want to compete with a veteran team, do a teardown, or rebuild from the bottom, it all gets harder and more annoying to do if you've got jerks in the world, or you don't agree with the rules (or lack of rules), or the commish is useless/absent/etc.

6/13/2017 3:29 PM
Is there a list of all the leagues ranked?
6/14/2017 11:14 AM
Bumped for you. Sadly 2015 was the last time it was compiled but it's still a great starting point.
6/14/2017 12:28 PM
Thanks hockey!
6/14/2017 12:38 PM
Posted by kartchy on 6/13/2017 2:12:00 PM (view original):
I'm looking at it from the recruiters side of view. So selling someone on the league is more important than selling someone on the available teams?
Absolutely.

If your world develops a good reputation, then owners will want to join. And when more owners want to join than the number of teams you have available, then you can start screening owners. Once you get to that point where you are attracting quality owners, and passing on the not-so-great ones, that just strengthens the world even more.

Quality owners are not going to be scared off by rebuilds (some even seek them out), and are also less likely to leave a mess behind if and when they leave.
6/14/2017 8:52 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.