Do you play your low health guys during ST, in order to get their injuries "out of the way" early in the season? Or do you sit them, just praying they don't get a 49 day splinter riding the pine?
6/15/2017 2:58 PM
If they don't need advancements in ratings I always sit.
6/15/2017 2:59 PM
If you have a precious snowflake you're afraid to play, he probably shouldn't be on your roster.

Let's say it's Christmas and you're 9. Your mom gives you an awesome train set. Then tells you not to play with it because it's fragile. Worst Christmas ever?
6/15/2017 3:03 PM
Seen guys with 98 health get long term injuries; seen guys with 45 health never go on the DL. Random.

6/15/2017 3:19 PM
Thx for the responses. I'm curious: if a player gets an injury in ST, if that would have happened in their first ML game if they had sit?

Also, what's the lowest health player you were willing to invest in?
6/15/2017 3:44 PM
Again, random, no telling when an injury will hit. Yes, it's more likely to hit some players than others, but it also sure as heck hits 98 Health players too.

I will take on any health risk player if he's got a shot at contributing to wins. I'm pretty sure MikeT has an example of a player with something like 5 Health who kicked butt.
6/15/2017 4:20 PM (edited)
Bill Hall in Coop. Should still be among the all-time leaders in BA, Hits, etc, etc. I think it was a 6 health. Spent a lot of 15 days but avoided a major injury.
6/15/2017 4:29 PM
FWIW, injuries aren't "random". We just remember the 98 health getting a 250 day one while avoiding the 23 health. Or, when 23 gets the 250, we say "Well, saw that coming" and forget about it.

Player Profile: Bill Hall - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
6/15/2017 4:33 PM
Wow. How did that guy not hit .400 at least once!
6/15/2017 4:45 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.