****31751 FILLED (YAY!)**** Topic

****FILLED****

$150mil. cap, no WW, no minors/draft. NO CLONES!
2 teams each region.

1) CANADA - ALBERTA/NW TERRITORIES - diobrain - taybaijor

2) CANADA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - Lionized - mapleleafs4l

3) CANADA - ONTARIO (EASTERN/WALES CONFERENCE players/seasons) - ob1knobee78 - lupah99

4) CANADA - ONTARIO (WESTERN/CAMPBELL CONFERENCE players/seasons) - ob1knobee78 - lostnfound74

5) CANADA - MANITOBA/NEW BRUNSWICK/NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR/NOVA SCOTIA/PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND - polly72 - polly72

6) CANADA - QUEBEC - Fallon429 - BlueBladeAce

7) CANADA - SASKATCHEWAN - Got Worms - jmerch

8) CZECH REPUBLIC - Got Worms - edge2012

9) FINLAND - fatboydad54 - sabres211

10) RUSSIA - BlackCloud89 - sabres211

11) SWEDEN - Lionized - lupah99

12) USA - splat58 - darny10
11/30/2017 9:18 AM (edited)
Bump.
no one?
really?
Any suggestions to make it "realistic"?
6/22/2017 9:34 PM
Read through many of the other league ads here to get an idea of ways you can twist things or approach things differently. So far all you're proposing is more or less a vanilla league. Veteran owners are looking for something a little more unique.
6/22/2017 9:48 PM
Posted by auxesis on 6/22/2017 9:48:00 PM (view original):
Read through many of the other league ads here to get an idea of ways you can twist things or approach things differently. So far all you're proposing is more or less a vanilla league. Veteran owners are looking for something a little more unique.
I've considered "choose a Nation". For example, all of my picks are Canadian.
6/24/2017 8:18 PM
No trades and no WW is boring If you get stuck initially with a dud team for what ever reason you are stuck with no way out.Makes for a long season and uninteresting as all hell.I don`t understand what the big deal is with a WW or trading.
6/29/2017 11:58 AM
Posted by mpalco on 6/29/2017 11:58:00 AM (view original):
No trades and no WW is boring If you get stuck initially with a dud team for what ever reason you are stuck with no way out.Makes for a long season and uninteresting as all hell.I don`t understand what the big deal is with a WW or trading.
I agree
6/29/2017 12:34 PM
Trades and WW have seldom done much to help me 'undud' a team.. but a sniper like say Secord or Stoughton ) for someone like High D rated Napier or Rick Martin D rated 90 with 45g goals might help both sides..

Mike, and Taj.. your comment re trades and WW are on record w me
7/16/2017 1:42 PM (edited)
Maybe change the title page and describe the league again and mark it 'Under Construction' and see what the guys have to say. I happen to like bigger caps, like 120 to 140m but most of the folks here prefer a cap of 75 or 100m max. . I don't like the 'No all star' thing. Too hard to find the guys I want. .. Never won a Cup is a good one, but it's tricky to monitor..
7/5/2017 11:18 AM (edited)
Wayne and Mario over 7mil. are now blacklisted. I kinda dig the "choose a nation". What do you guys think?
7/5/2017 9:20 AM
I'll take Canada, if it's choose a nation but you need to spell it out.Where he was born, regardless of where he played.

Maybe make Rod Langway a wild card, because he was born n Taiwan
7/5/2017 11:55 AM (edited)
If the player played internationally, what team did he play for? It could also be place of birth (Brett Hull).
we could all have Canada. 24 international teams would be a real trick!
7/5/2017 11:58 AM
Posted by lionized on 7/5/2017 11:58:00 AM (view original):
If the player played internationally, what team did he play for? It could also be place of birth (Brett Hull).
But then it gets confusing. Bobby Hull was born in Ontarior. He is Canadian. Brett was born in Ontario. He is a Canadian. You do it that way and I believe the thing will be a lot easier.. I won't join if it's any other way.. but 22 others might be ok with it
7/5/2017 12:03 PM
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 7/5/2017 12:11:00 PM (view original):
I think you might decide to combine say Germany with Finland.. think 'Inventory' Canada is by far the biggest, U.S. probably next then Sweden.. Maybe 6 divisions.. but I would mix them up when setting the divisions.. Anyhow, let me know how big the cap ... and I am drafting an all Canadian born team.. if there are changes, I can deal with it\\\Might be a good idea to post the cap HERE, on the AD (See my league 120m etc)
Another option would be to cap Canadian teams at 12?
7/5/2017 12:29 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/5/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lionized on 7/5/2017 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 7/5/2017 12:11:00 PM (view original):
I think you might decide to combine say Germany with Finland.. think 'Inventory' Canada is by far the biggest, U.S. probably next then Sweden.. Maybe 6 divisions.. but I would mix them up when setting the divisions.. Anyhow, let me know how big the cap ... and I am drafting an all Canadian born team.. if there are changes, I can deal with it\\\Might be a good idea to post the cap HERE, on the AD (See my league 120m etc)
Another option would be to cap Canadian teams at 12?
Might be best to go Canada, US, Sweden/Finland, and then the rest of Europe. 6 apiece makes it 24 teams.. but mix them up when you make the divisions.. or you will drive yourself nutty.. besides all Canada in one division? Boring

I like a goalie cap of say 91%
Edited the original post to reflect the potential changes.
maybe instead of Europe go with Russia?
7/5/2017 2:51 PM
What about 4 each of 6 teams?
Canada
US
Russia
Scandinavia (Sweden Finland)
Czeck/Slovak
Europe
7/5/2017 9:35 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
****31751 FILLED (YAY!)**** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.