"Late" Recruiting Strategy Topic

I try to stay away from recruits with a signing preference of "Late" because amount of time it takes to recruit them and, with that time, a lot of different schools could get into the mix with the recruit. My questions is this... In your opinion with "Late" recruits is it better to jump on them early to discourage other schools from recruiting him or to wait until the middle of recruiting cycle 1 to start spending you recruiting budget on them? I do already have a scholarship offer out to him and all of his recruiting actions are unlocked at this point in recruiting cycle 1.

Thank you in advance,
6/16/2017 9:19 AM
I make them my 3rd - 4th option. I do feel I can find other recruits with Early/Whenever/before end of period 1 that I can go after. I will put a few on my list but I have yet to find one I have to prioritize over another recruit that has a better signing preference. However if I was to go after one I'd jump on early to build AP overall so I can get a good lead incase a big time team shows up later.
6/16/2017 10:17 AM
The best solution is to pour in AP from the start... Don't put money into them until first cycle second session. You can go with the promise start, promise minutes. But if you have no AP... They will catch you easily. If you have been doing 60 a tick, they will need to come up with a lot.
6/16/2017 10:18 AM
Posted by zorzii on 6/16/2017 10:18:00 AM (view original):
The best solution is to pour in AP from the start... Don't put money into them until first cycle second session. You can go with the promise start, promise minutes. But if you have no AP... They will catch you easily. If you have been doing 60 a tick, they will need to come up with a lot.
I agree with zorzii.
6/16/2017 11:58 AM
I think it depends on the recruit you're trying to get. If you're a B prestige school at D-1 trying to get a 4 or 5 star recruit, you better start putting in APs from the beginning. As many flaws as 3.0 has, I definitely think there is much much more strategy and makes it more interesting, compared to 2.0.

The pros to late recruiting is sometimes they get overlooked.

The cons are teams that are hit with EE's are getting extra recruiting money and APs or coaches of new teams that can just start unloading their roster.

6/16/2017 1:38 PM (edited)
"Late" Recruiting Strategy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.