Promotion Questions Topic

I looked at previous promotion threads and didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I know the "Opening day" ratings bump is the biggest one so I don't promote during Spring training because the player won't get that. Does anyone know if I do it before Spring training will they still get the "Opening day" bump?

Also, I know age plays a role on which level they should be, but if you have a star prospect, do you want him in a lower level, or one with better coaching? My star prospect is 19, but the coaches in AAA are all 80+ ratings, and if I kept him down in Low A or whatever, the coaches are like 50 something.

So is an age appropriate level more important or the coaching?
6/16/2017 7:03 PM
Oops one more:

When a player gets the opening day ratings increase, how is that calculated based on coaching? Like if they play in spring training will they get a bump based on the ML coaches since they are coaching them in spring training? Or do they get a. bump based on their minor league coach for which roster they are assigned?

6/16/2017 7:06 PM
Everyone gets the Opening Day bump. It seems that players who play during ST get a slightly larger Opening Day bump than those not on the ST roster. For that reason, you should always put your ML prospects on your ST roster and give them some PT.

You should not promote prospects to the ML roster until after ST in the rare event that they get injured during ST. You don't want them to start accruing their initial ML service time while on the DL.
6/16/2017 11:40 PM
Posted by kartchy on 6/16/2017 7:03:00 PM (view original):
I looked at previous promotion threads and didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I know the "Opening day" ratings bump is the biggest one so I don't promote during Spring training because the player won't get that. Does anyone know if I do it before Spring training will they still get the "Opening day" bump?

Also, I know age plays a role on which level they should be, but if you have a star prospect, do you want him in a lower level, or one with better coaching? My star prospect is 19, but the coaches in AAA are all 80+ ratings, and if I kept him down in Low A or whatever, the coaches are like 50 something.

So is an age appropriate level more important or the coaching?
There are owners who believe age means something and some who don't. In a dev chat someone asked and they said it does matter (shrug).

Personally I start them in RL and then slot them the following season where the coaching is regardless of age.
6/17/2017 1:52 PM
Age matters a small amount. Guys with low patience I especially keep age appropriate because they won't be happy sitting at AAA for three years while they develop. I'm not yet convinced there's a significant difference between a 65 coach and an 80 coach, so overpromoting may not be super useful in any case.
6/18/2017 2:54 PM
Promotion Questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.