3/2 Zone/Fastbreak Combo Topic

I'm wondering what you guys think of this combo. I've built the second highest rated team in Phelan DIII, laden with upper-classmen, but I'm seriously underperforming, and I think it's because of the offense/defense. I've got the 9th best FG% and the 4th highest 3PT%, and I win the rebounding battle every night, but I'm constantly getting out-shot (-3.6 FGA), and haven't been able to compete against any of the good teams thus far.

Is the 3-2 working against me, or am I just not strong enough defensively as a whole? Does anyone have any strategies to employing the fastbreak/zone combo? Also, should I switch to a 2-3 zone, instead of the 3-2 (using Coutee and Bell at SF)?

Here's my team: https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13678

Any help would be much appreciated.
6/16/2017 7:10 PM
Your post players are not athletic and get tired too soon! 3-2 is probably fine, but I would be switching back and forth between 2-3 & 3-2 with that team. Your guards have stamina, you might as well play 3 most of the time.

You have 2 problems: (1) stop playing uptempo fastbreak....just play normal fastbreak and keep those post players from getting fatigued; and (2) jack up the three point shots....especially if you ignore my advice #1. LP is not that big a deal in the fastbreak, but having guards with a combo of PER, SPD, & BH is! You are not shooting nearly enough threes with that team....especially considering you've been playing fastbreak at uptempo. You should be getting close to 30 3FGA per night!
6/16/2017 7:25 PM
More threes!!
6/16/2017 9:21 PM
That team would be really good if you ran FB/Press.
6/16/2017 9:23 PM
Why do you start Peavy at PG? 53 pass isn't good for PG. Especially when you got a guy with GREAT ball skills in Gay. His def is worse but PG skills are way better.
6/16/2017 9:27 PM
3/2 Zone/Fastbreak Combo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.