Vegas Golden Knights Topic

The expansion draft is causing lots and lots of movement, in addition to heartburn from the current GM's. They should sure be able to ice a decent, competitive team this season. What player do you think your team will lose in this draft? Pretty obvious that the Pens will lose Fluery. Hate to see MAF go as he has been one heckuva player and just a nice guy in the locker room.
6/17/2017 10:27 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I like Brandon sutter but I don't think his contract makes sense given where the Canucks are in their rebuild. That being said I doubt he will be asked to waive. Sounds like vegas will be taking sbisa or 2012 1st rounder gaunce.

I think the protected lists get released soon.
6/17/2017 11:07 AM
I think the wings will lose Abdelkader
6/17/2017 4:17 PM
Wild likely to lose a defenseman, Scandella or Dumba
6/17/2017 4:36 PM
Leafs will lose nobody that precious. They are very fortunate for having young team.
6/17/2017 5:23 PM
Obviously Vegas will not have any superstars but they should have a very good young defense corps, and veteran goaltending. A Nashville without top end forward talent.

6/17/2017 7:24 PM
Posted by damag on 6/17/2017 7:24:00 PM (view original):
Obviously Vegas will not have any superstars but they should have a very good young defense corps, and veteran goaltending. A Nashville without top end forward talent.

Should start better than any other franchise through expansion draft.
6/17/2017 11:02 PM
Seriously, right this minute, is anyone in pro sports having more fun than George McPhee?!?

6/18/2017 9:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Sami Vatanen?!?!
6/19/2017 4:58 AM
Question for my fellow WiS GMs... Vegas has stated they are intent on stockpiling draft picks. As we have seen with many other teams, not just the recent Leafs, that is IMO the only sensible way to go.

Having now seen the protected lists, IMO WHY would anyone suspect Vegas would pick up veteran players? If I were them I wouldn't even think of touching anyone 30 and over.

For instance, here in Ottawa much hand wringing over whether they can protect Methot. What use could Vegas possibly have for an old, expensive stay at home defenseman? I have seen "they could just want to flip him for a first round pick." For. Christ. Sake. Ya think if anyone could get a one for Methot, Ottawa wouldn't do it themselves in a second?

Fans are stupid.

6/19/2017 10:52 AM
A team of all young punks won't get them above the cap floor, so picking some veteran players will help them do that (ie. potentially Methot, Sbisa, M-A Fleury and a handful of other vet forwards).
6/19/2017 11:04 AM
They have to take a certain number of players signed through to the 2018-19 season...along with a number of other requirements (including hitting the salary floor). So, yes they will have to take some vets...

6/19/2017 12:59 PM
Going be some cap fillers for sure.
6/19/2017 1:37 PM
12 Next ▸
Vegas Golden Knights Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.