Wilkinson Central 133 Topic

I agree. More playbooks!
7/12/2017 8:13 PM
We have a championship Maze run
7/13/2017 7:07 PM
In Jeopardy:
Temple- Finished 7-6 to qualify for a L1 bowl vs. East Carolina. This one is simple, win and he moves up to LTNJ, loss and he gets fired.
Notre Dame- Unfortunately for other B1G coaches, he had a great season and qualified for L5 bowl. I gotta think he'll improve status even if he loses to Blitz, if he wins he'll probably go all the way up to Secure at least.

LTNJ:
Mizzou- Qualified for a L2 bowl and plays FSU in a high stakes battle between LTNJ coaches. Loss and he falls to In Jeopardy, win and he probably maintains.
North Carolina- Qualified for a L2 bowl and got a tough draw in Memphis. Same as Mizzou, win maintains, loss drops to In Jeopardy.
Cincinnati- Finished 2-6 vs. human opponents, but still made a L1 bowl. Same as Mizzou/UNC, and is currently up on Army 14-3 at the half so things are looking good for him.
Wisconsin- Made a L2 bowl and got a tough draw vs. UCLA. Same as the Mizzou/UNC/Cincinnati in terms of win/loss.
Florida St.- Went 11-2 with the #118 ranked SOS, so that resulted in a WIS ranking of 37 and a L2 bowl vs. the previously mentioned Mizzou. I think they will still drop to In Jeopardy win or lose (at least they should).
Maryland- Finished 6-7 and didn't qualify for a bowl. Will drop to In Jeopardy entering Year 4 of this tenure. Losing to SIM Virginia Tech was not a good look, and lost to all other humans they played.
Nebraska- Finished 8-5 and made a L2 bowl vs. Colorado St. I'm not sure winning this will maintain them at LTNJ because the last 3 seasons have been rough.
Marquette- Finished 8-5 but a weak SOS resulted in missing the bowl games altogether, which is a shame. They had a nice win against #19 Louivsille on the road, but it still wasn't enough. Will fall to In Jeopardy and will need to win a bowl game next season to hold on in Year 4 of this rebuild.
7/15/2017 11:34 AM
Thanks for the update z32, always good to know whats going on in the world
7/15/2017 1:04 PM
Lots of final movement, here are the job statuses going into S134, including 2 elites In Jeopardy:

In Jeopardy:
Florida St.- Won the L2 bowl but it still wasn't enough to stay at LTNJ, likely because of the past 2 seasons. I think they'll need to win a L3 bowl to stay, losing a L4 bowl or finishing #20-25 would be an interesting test.
Maryland- Missed a bowl game for the 3rd year in a row as previously mentioned.
North Carolina- Lost their L2 bowl.
Missouri- Lost their L2 bowl, drops to In Jeopardy for the 2nd time in 4 seasons.
Nebraska- Won their L2 bowl but it wasn't enough to maintain. If they win a L3 or finish Top 25 I bet they stay, because they have a better history than FSU lately.
Marquette- Missed a bowl for the 3rd year in a row as previously mentioned.

LTNJ:
Cincinnati
- Won their L1 bowl and stayed at LTNJ.
Connecticut- Very lucky that a coach can't be fired after 2 season, because he's gone 3-23 so far. Almost no way this coach avoids falling to In Jeopardy, if he stays for next season anyway.
Colorado St.- Lost their L2 bowl after a tough draw in Nebraska. This is a solid team, they just need to stop losing OOC games.
Depaul- Kinda surprised they fell to LTNJ considering they have 3 straight bowl wins. Should move up to Secure very easily next season, genuvar is a good coach so there's almost no chance he gets fired.
Wisconsin- Won their L2 bowl and stayed at LTNJ.
Indiana- Lost their L1 bowl, but they are only in Year 2 of this rebuild, so they're doing fine.
Oregon- Has yet to qualify for a bowl in 3 seasons, and has 4 SIMs OOC for next season, so might have another winning season with no bowl if they don't beat some humans.

Props to Notre Dame for winning a L5 and going all the way to Secure. Now they can return to their usual L2 and L3 bowls for another few seasons.
7/19/2017 5:07 PM
"Props to Notre Dame for winning a L5 and going all the way to Secure. Now they can return to their usual L2 and L3 bowls for another few seasons."

ZING!
7/19/2017 5:15 PM
Posted by hatroq on 7/19/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
"Props to Notre Dame for winning a L5 and going all the way to Secure. Now they can return to their usual L2 and L3 bowls for another few seasons."

ZING!
No punches are pulled in the Job Status Reports lol
7/19/2017 5:51 PM
Teams that didn't renew or forgot to (other than PSU):
Kent St.
South Carolina
Cincinnati
Rice
Iowa St.
Maryland

Cincinnati is a pretty good job, and I'm surprised Babcick and Treyomo left Kent St. and South Carolina after they had built those up, hopefully they just forgot and will renew asap.
7/20/2017 12:17 AM
Some early movement:
da_goat went from Louisville to Temple
leinbacker went from Mizzou to BYU
flippen went from SMU to Montana
Treyomo renewed at South Carolina

I would rank the open jobs:
Penn St.
Louisville
Cincinnati
Georgia
Missouri
Kent St.
7/20/2017 9:55 AM (edited)
Z you played a very large role in Kent St.'s recent success. Last seasons senior class was all you. I renewed by the way.
7/20/2017 1:41 PM
Did you have to beat me with some of my former players in the L4 bowl though? So rude!

BTINLA left Ball St. for Oklahoma St. For any coaches coming up from D-IAA, Ball St. finished #20 this season and won a CC a few years ago. With babcick renewing at Kent St. this is probably the best non-BCS job available for those moving up.
7/20/2017 1:58 PM
The MAC is a competitive conference too.
7/20/2017 2:26 PM
Nortonis wins the PSU sweepstakes!

Bols has left New Mexico St. and gone to Arizona St. which is also a nice hire. In related news Syracuse's S134 SOS just got worse, someone take NMST!
7/20/2017 3:23 PM
Missouri just got a real good coach in Hypnotoad. Lots of good coaches taking BCS jobs, someone just needs to take over Georgia and Louisville now.
7/20/2017 9:13 PM
Treyomo renewed at South Carolina

7/20/2017 9:26 PM
◂ Prev 123
Wilkinson Central 133 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.