Biggest Issue with 3.0 Topic

There's also a gamble. I just went thru it with chapel.

We were both moderate at the end of RS1.
I dumped 20 HV and a CV in the 1st cycle before AP process in RS2.
I never caught chapel and used a lot of resources.
I got my walk-on.
6/19/2017 11:32 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/19/2017 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I am not complaining because I got burned by this ****. One of the main reasons Seble himself said we needed 3.0 was to eliminate eBay style sniping. We did except for one division and one cycle. I abuse the **** out of this thing but it isn't that fun.

DII recruiting is this:

Put 1 AP on 35 guys. Pick the best ones with no DI to target. Put enough APs on to unlock Home Visit. Wait 5 days and check every 6 hours to make sure no DI team is on your recruits. Drop 10 HVs on two guys first cycle second session who have unsuspecting poor old DII guys on them who though they were safe. The poor coaches don't get a chance to respond. Why do I have all this money? Oh, because taking 1-2 walkons each year is ******* OP. I'm just going to run 10 guys slowdown with a walk on and redshirt each year now. Oh, what strategic fun!

Note: What takes this to another level is not offering a 'ship to make it appear you have no interest.

****** Moderate Yes
****** Very Low No

If you are the top team would you drop 10 HVs on all the recruits that look like this to be safe? NOPE!
I don't think it is really the same as 2.0, in terms of sniping, because you know the limit anyone can put in is 20 HVs. In 2.0 at D1 someone could come in at the end and do 100 HVs or more, and if you only had one opening you could not stop them. At least with 3.0 you know 20 is the limit, and if you value the guy highly enough, you will try to have enough in the budget to go all in.
6/20/2017 12:00 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 6/19/2017 10:52:00 PM (view original):
I am not complaining because I got burned by this ****. One of the main reasons Seble himself said we needed 3.0 was to eliminate eBay style sniping. We did except for one division and one cycle. I abuse the **** out of this thing but it isn't that fun.

DII recruiting is this:

Put 1 AP on 35 guys. Pick the best ones with no DI to target. Put enough APs on to unlock Home Visit. Wait 5 days and check every 6 hours to make sure no DI team is on your recruits. Drop 10 HVs on two guys first cycle second session who have unsuspecting poor old DII guys on them who though they were safe. The poor coaches don't get a chance to respond. Why do I have all this money? Oh, because taking 1-2 walkons each year is ******* OP. I'm just going to run 10 guys slowdown with a walk on and redshirt each year now. Oh, what strategic fun!

Note: What takes this to another level is not offering a 'ship to make it appear you have no interest.

****** Moderate Yes
****** Very Low No

If you are the top team would you drop 10 HVs on all the recruits that look like this to be safe? NOPE!
As TJ has said, that's one strategy. But it's not the only one, nor is it the best.

Just because this is how you do it doesn't make it the only way to do it.

The real beauty of this game (and this has always been here) is that there is more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.

I have no issue with your style of recruiting. It is sound, it is fair, and if it becomes to successful, people will adjust.
6/20/2017 6:23 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 6/19/2017 10:52:00 PM (view original):

DII recruiting is this:

****** Moderate Yes
****** Very Low No

As TJ has said, that's one strategy. But it's not the only one, nor is it the best.

What's the best strategy?
6/20/2017 7:28 AM
As I said, I do not mind sniping as long as I see the team on my considering list. I got Sniped at D2 by Quinnipiac D- cause that team was not listed.. Really frustrating.
6/20/2017 7:52 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 6/20/2017 12:00:00 AM (view original):

DII recruiting is this:

****** Moderate Yes
****** Very Low No

I don't think it is really the same as 2.0, in terms of sniping, because you know the limit anyone can put in is 20 HVs. In 2.0 at D1 someone could come in at the end and do 100 HVs or more, and if you only had one opening you could not stop them. At least with 3.0 you know 20 is the limit, and if you value the guy highly enough, you will try to have enough in the budget to go all in.
Completely get what you mean but at DII you dont have the budget to drop 20 HVs on your 3 primary targets with 4 openings.
6/20/2017 9:47 AM
So you have to compete to fill your openings? Imagine if worlds had 600+ users over the three divisions. You wouldn't be able to treat other recruiters like SIMAIs because they wouldn't be SIMAIs.

6/20/2017 9:51 AM
****** Moderate Yes
****** Very Low No

If you are the top team would you drop 20 HVs on all the recruits that look like this to be safe?

MIKE: 1/10 of the time in the scenario above the below team goes all in and the above team doesn't have a chance to respond. Putting 20 HVs on every recruit like that is not possible. It is also what makes this so deadly and successful, for me.

What is a counter for this? Put 20 HVs on every recruit that looks like the one above???
6/20/2017 11:06 AM
The response is, if you want a player, put effort in that will get that player. If someone puts in more effort, that's a "you" problem.

I laid out a scenario where I dumped 20 HV and a CV on a guy and DID NOT get him. No idea what chapel did, nor do I care, but dumping 20 HV and a CV in the cycle before he signs is NOT foolproof. You win some, you lose some. And you lose when you're outrecruited.
6/20/2017 11:11 AM
How would the leading coach know that a counter is needed? Would both coaches be put at Moderate Yes?
6/20/2017 11:11 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2017 11:11:00 AM (view original):
The response is, if you want a player, put effort in that will get that player. If someone puts in more effort, that's a "you" problem.

I laid out a scenario where I dumped 20 HV and a CV on a guy and DID NOT get him. No idea what chapel did, nor do I care, but dumping 20 HV and a CV in the cycle before he signs is NOT foolproof. You win some, you lose some. And you lose when you're outrecruited.
Well, I think that was D3 vs D1 right?
6/20/2017 11:15 AM

It's very foolproof when its DII vs DII.
6/20/2017 11:36 AM
Posted by zagsrulez on 6/20/2017 11:11:00 AM (view original):
How would the leading coach know that a counter is needed? Would both coaches be put at Moderate Yes?
This is first cycle of the second session when the player will sign if Early, Whenever, or End of Period 1.
6/20/2017 11:36 AM
Yes I understand that part. I just don't get what the resolution of this issue that youre envisioning after the 2nd coach adds 20 HVs and CVs. I know that you would prefer that the player didn't immediately sign to the 2nd coach, which would give the 1st coach a chance to counter. How would the 1st coach know a counter offer is necessary to not lose the player completely?
6/20/2017 11:48 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/20/2017 11:36:00 AM (view original):

It's very foolproof when its DII vs DII.
No it isn't. If you do that against me in D2, you will get the guy I haven't invested in, because I didn't invest in him, and set the price very low. He wasn't a big enough priority. So I'll say oh well and move on to the next one.

If its a guy I've invested in, you probably won't get him. You may get into signing range, if you're in a strong enough position with the recruit. But if you've assumed that I'm just trying to slip by with the minimum, you'll probably lose. Not that it can't work, but there is a risk to that strategy.
6/20/2017 12:05 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Biggest Issue with 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.