work ethic vs. potential Topic

High Work Ethic(over 50) with avg potential or Low Work Ethic(under 30) with high potential .... Who ya got ?
6/19/2017 10:07 PM
I"m sure someone has the math answer here on where the line is but I always go with potential... can raise work ethic but not potential... can't turn a ho into a housewife kinda thing
6/19/2017 10:25 PM
Gotta agree with Ebel.
6/19/2017 10:32 PM
Can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh$$ either. I take moving WE.
6/19/2017 10:35 PM
If WE is under 30 I'll go with the avg potential and higher WE
6/19/2017 11:17 PM
Posted by strieffman on 6/19/2017 11:17:00 PM (view original):
If WE is under 30 I'll go with the avg potential and higher WE
I agree unless you are going to start the guy immediately or right after redshirting and this usually happens only on a crappy team.
6/20/2017 4:32 AM
Agree with Ebel with one exception. For whatever reason for me, I find it really hard to increase WE if the WE is 35'ish or below (in fact I just don't recruit them at that level anymore if I can help it).

nitros (James)
6/20/2017 8:44 AM
One question, what are the 2 players ratings and cores?

Agree with ebel and Norris with another exception. If the player has a "stud" rating i.e. WR at 1AA is a 74 rating as a recruit (top 25 overall by position usually starts around a 77) I would take the potential player even with a 35 WE.

vice versa is the ave potential is a 74 rated WR then I take him.

If both are the same then take the WE player. Remember there appears to be a scale for potential as well, not all of your 3,4,5 potential players develop the same even if WE is close.

i.e. Let's say a 3 potential falls in the 50-75 range on a scale of 100. Some 3's are a 50 and some are on the higher end and will grow close to a 4 potential.
6/20/2017 3:08 PM (edited)
Probably a dumb a$$ question, but what determines potential?
6/20/2017 5:10 PM
Each player has a certain potential even before they are recruited. Potential comes in about 4 or 5 levels.
What it is , is the total amount his attributes may grow to. This is compared to WE which is how Fast he may get there(depending on factors such as playing time, starts and more ).
You determine potential of each player by sending an assist coach visit to him early in recruiting . You will get back an email from your assist coach(or Sometimes from the player himself) with a message. That message spells out what potential the player is.
PS: You do have to know what the messages mean from assist coach or player on scout trips.
There are other threads explaining this. So you can do a search for them or ask in this forum .
6/20/2017 5:53 PM
Posted by dukelegend on 6/20/2017 3:08:00 PM (view original):
One question, what are the 2 players ratings and cores?

Agree with ebel and Norris with another exception. If the player has a "stud" rating i.e. WR at 1AA is a 74 rating as a recruit (top 25 overall by position usually starts around a 77) I would take the potential player even with a 35 WE.

vice versa is the ave potential is a 74 rated WR then I take him.

If both are the same then take the WE player. Remember there appears to be a scale for potential as well, not all of your 3,4,5 potential players develop the same even if WE is close.

i.e. Let's say a 3 potential falls in the 50-75 range on a scale of 100. Some 3's are a 50 and some are on the higher end and will grow close to a 4 potential.
Great points and just the meat I was looking for. Missed y'all smart folks whilst I was off in never never land
6/20/2017 6:07 PM
FYI in both cases I had two decisions to make. Higher cores on very low work ethic players and both with "nothing special" potential. The "other" had good cores but more standard and both had work ethic over 45. 1 had above average growth and the other was nothing special
6/20/2017 6:10 PM
One ol I signed and did a little digging and found a solid lb with plus we and plus potential. He now plays for E city
6/20/2017 6:11 PM
FYI both OL rates at 59 for d2. Both Lb rated at 57 for d2
6/20/2017 6:12 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 6/19/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
I"m sure someone has the math answer here on where the line is but I always go with potential... can raise work ethic but not potential... can't turn a ho into a housewife kinda thing
You turned a ho to a wife
6/21/2017 12:18 AM
12 Next ▸
work ethic vs. potential Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.