Relative weight of preferences Topic

I know there are a ton of other factors but I just put the same AP into very similar players and got almost the same level % for a scholarship.

One guy had a GOOD for wants success and is at 18%.
The other guy has a GOOD for strong defense and conference strength and a VERY GOOD for long time coach.

The first guy is at 18%.
The second is at 22%.
6/20/2017 7:33 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think preferences have anything to do with the minimum amount of AP needed to unlock a scholarship offer -- that's entirely arbitrary and pre-set so Player A might require 70 AP's to unlock the offer while Player B might require 125 AP. Those numbers will be consistent for all users, regardless of preferences, and are completely random, aside from we've been told that high-star recruits likely require more effort than your "Average Joe" (no pun intended...)

I think the preferences specifically come into play on subsequent actions and the calculation for who is "in the lead" -- an HV has more value to a coach with 2 Very Good preferences than it does for a coach with 2 Bad. The 400 total AP you've invested in the player will carry more weight in the interest level calculation than the 400 AP of someone with a poor preference match, etc. I don't think it plays a role in the point at which two players can offer a scholarship though. And if I'm wrong, someone please correct me because I've been viewing it wrong the whole while then!!

6/20/2017 8:01 PM
I know that isn't right, rednu. I have had guys with like 30 AP's into them before I hit even 1% due to bad preferences.
6/20/2017 8:10 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/20/2017 8:10:00 PM (view original):
I know that isn't right, rednu. I have had guys with like 30 AP's into them before I hit even 1% due to bad preferences.
Agree.
6/20/2017 8:11 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/20/2017 7:33:00 PM (view original):
I know there are a ton of other factors but I just put the same AP into very similar players and got almost the same level % for a scholarship.

One guy had a GOOD for wants success and is at 18%.
The other guy has a GOOD for strong defense and conference strength and a VERY GOOD for long time coach.

The first guy is at 18%.
The second is at 22%.
Is there a difference in prestige between the two schools?
6/20/2017 8:18 PM
One school.
6/20/2017 8:19 PM
Really? Wow...mind blown here!! Okay, thanks for the correction and back to the drawing board here for how to do this whole recruiting thing...
6/20/2017 8:24 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/20/2017 8:19:00 PM (view original):
One school.
Oh, I get it. Never mind, lol.
6/20/2017 8:29 PM
I've suspected that playing time, distance, and success factor in higher than the others; and that none of the preferences on their own touch prestige, in terms of how many APs it takes to unlock actions. I haven't seen anything that's changed my mind yet.
6/20/2017 9:00 PM
Distance might be #1...
6/21/2017 12:28 AM
All the guys I have had the required more than 200 AP to unlock a scholarship have had a VERY BAD for distance.
6/21/2017 8:11 AM
Playing time is hard to weigh against the others, since many actions are unlocked before it even factors in. I would probably agree that distance is the single biggest factor among preferences.
6/21/2017 8:46 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/21/2017 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Distance might be #1...
I'm almost positive this is correct.
6/21/2017 9:20 AM
I have noticed same. Effort in AP's is very much impacted by preference matches.
6/21/2017 10:57 AM
I agree, that distance preference needs to be the first thing you look at. Just try it and it will only take you one time to figure out that kid from ten miles down the road, wants to play across the country. He does not care how many AP's (phone calls) you make, his momma ain't inviting you in the house without a fight.
6/21/2017 11:00 AM
12 Next ▸
Relative weight of preferences Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.