Smoke 'Em - Exclusive Ownership Full Topic

Smoke Em if you Got Em was a long-running league operated by davis. I played in many seasons and it was one of my favorite leagues. In this edition, it will almost be like an old Reese’s peanut butter cup commercial – you put your chocolate in my peanut butter! – because we will merge two classic leagues – Smoke Em and Exclusive Ownership. First the basic rules:

* Cap is $110M

* No to clones, AAA, waivers, trades

* Yes to DH, random realignment

The standard Smoke 'Em rules:

In order for your team to be eligible for the postseason, each of your pitchers must accumulate at least 81 IP and each of your position players must accumulate at least 162 AB (NOT plate appearances) during our sim season. These cutoffs are non-negotiable; if one of your players stops at 80.7 IP or 161 AB, no soup for you.
If any team that would have made the playoffs (division or wild card) falls short on the minimums, the next legal team in line gets the spot.
You are permitted to draft players that had less than 162 AB or 81 IP, if you think it is sound strategy. But they still to hit their requirement.

Now, each season of Smoke Em would have a ‘special rule’ unique to that season. For this league, we will select teams using the Exclusive Ownership method. And how do we do that?

If interested, send your first roster to me. Your roster must be under the 110 mil cap. When sitemailing, send everything including the draft recap at the top (to confirm your total salary)*. After all 24 rosters are in, they are processed as follows:

(1) any player claimed by multiple teams is blacklisted

(2) any player claimed by only one owner becomes Exclusive property of that owner, and MUST be on all subsequent rosters. However, an owner may change the season of any player they have claimed, while keeping under the cap. And remember, no clones.

After processing, you'll each get a list of players you now own; additionally, all owned and blacklisted players and ballparks will be listed in the Owner's Forum. Then everyone submits a second roster. This continues until everyone has 25 unique players, claimed by no one else anywhere along the way.

Since I will be playing as well, I will send my roster to the first three people who submit rosters before I open them, to keep things on the square.
* To copy and paste roster: Highlight roster, use CTRL+C, open sitemail, use CTRL+V. It will look messy, but that’s OK.
6/21/2017 11:10 AM (edited)
Interested owners (1st roster submitted in bold)

1.) Donburgh
2.) tridentric
3.) cholatse
4.) reddtrain
5.) mensu1954
6.) skunk206
7.) boclaird
8.) Tucker T's
9.) halo23
10.) jvt87
11.) jmcraven74
12.) jbap17
13.) PoconoDrew
14.) rickysdad44
15.) mllama54
16.) Cicero
17.) moses_k
18.) strubros
19.) midknight
20.) joeyb5408
21.) toddcommish
22.) northof49
23.) dlchow
24.) jkorn
7/8/2017 7:23 PM (edited)
We are up to 13 in.
6/21/2017 3:42 PM
I am in but since the Dynamic Salary Update from yesterday is in limbo (it didn't work) I will wait until it is updated before I submit my first roster.
6/21/2017 4:55 PM
I will play.
6/21/2017 5:06 PM
Posted by mllama54 on 6/21/2017 4:55:00 PM (view original):
I am in but since the Dynamic Salary Update from yesterday is in limbo (it didn't work) I will wait until it is updated before I submit my first roster.
Really? You'd think that might be worth a general announcement to the customers (other than yesterday's that the update was in effect).
Meanwhile, Don Burgh's first roster is verified under whatever pricing we now have.
6/21/2017 5:30 PM
Posted by jvt87 on 6/21/2017 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mllama54 on 6/21/2017 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Really? You'd think that might be worth a general announcement to the customers (other than yesterday's that the update was in effect).
Meanwhile, Don Burgh's first roster is verified under whatever pricing we now have.
What do you know they just fixed it. Don should probably double check his roster now. It is very frustrating for them to take this long to fix it and not even notify us officially.
6/21/2017 5:45 PM

Since Fox purchased WIS a few years ago, things just ain't what they use to be . . . . .
Look how long it takes to fill up these leagues . . . .
6/22/2017 5:41 PM
I'll play
6/22/2017 5:54 PM
Welcome to mllama, Cicero, and moses_k. We are at 17 in.

My payroll did go up but I left myself plenty of room for just such a possibility.
6/22/2017 8:53 PM
Hey Don . . . . stadiums are not exclusive . . . . correct?
6/22/2017 10:32 PM
Posted by Tucker T's on 6/22/2017 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Hey Don . . . . stadiums are not exclusive . . . . correct?
Correct. Letting it go this time.
6/22/2017 11:36 PM
Roster sent- fun but challenging :)
6/23/2017 12:15 PM
ill play
6/24/2017 6:06 AM
Welcome strubros! We are at 18 in with 7 rosters submitted.
6/24/2017 3:51 PM
123 Next ▸
Smoke 'Em - Exclusive Ownership Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.