The TWO-BY-TWO League: DISBANDED!!!!! Topic

In some decades leagues you select 2 players from each decade. Using that idea in the TWO-BY-TWO league you will select players by last name in pairs and load your roster with 2 Smiths, 2 Martinez, 2 Johnsons, 2 Aarons, etc. The 25th player must have a last name totally different, so you can't have 3 DiMaggios or 3 Alous.

We'll give you a mere 110M to build with and say NO to clones, ww, dh and trades. You will however get 6/2 average AAA to help out. These should be renamed as soon as the season opens into 4 PAIRS OF LAST NAMES. These last names do not have to be actual ballplayers. I think my wife and I will be in AAA as well as some brother pairs I coached in high school ball.
There will be just one instance of a stadium. You can post your choice in the forum and then work on your roster or enter your team with a park that no one has named and I'll handle the paperwork.

MLB# 119221
6/23/2017 8:52 AM (edited)
I will take Cleveland Stadium as my ballpark.
6/22/2017 11:42 AM
Spelling??

Albert Belle - Buddy Bell

Nellie Fox - Jimmie Foxx
6/22/2017 5:04 PM
Good question grayfoxx. Spelling must be the same, so neither example above is allowed. However, Foxx could be your #25 guy or Bell for that matter.
6/22/2017 6:32 PM
I'm in.
6/23/2017 12:41 AM
Welcome aboard fatboydad54. Have fun building your squad.
6/23/2017 8:53 AM
There are a myriad of ways to build a team. Lot more name pairs than you might think. I now Lajoie is out and so is Johnny Niggeling, but there are sooo many to choose from.
6/27/2017 8:29 AM
LACK OF INTEREST, LEAGUE DISBANDED
6/28/2017 9:41 AM
The TWO-BY-TWO League: DISBANDED!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.