Salary Increases Topic

Posted by schwarze on 7/11/2017 4:48:00 PM (view original):
The cumulative salaries being zero sum is one of the problems with the formula. There is really no meaningful reason for this. By removing this arbitrary restriction, this will help more guys show significant salary decreases which in turn will create more value, thus removing the need to continue drafting the studs.

So, my suggestion is two-fold.
1. Only include players who play in cap levels $120M or less for player usage
2. Modify the salary formula to eliminate the zero sum salary rule, which will require a different calculation for % increase and % decrease,

Didn't someone mention this to the Admin? What was the response?
7/11/2017 6:14 PM
They are looking into possible changes.
7/12/2017 1:42 PM
What they most need to do is what they've most needed to do for a long, long time, now:

1. Choose one of the three or four ways of getting rid of the mystical dead-ball pitcher advantage (in home runs).

2. Get rid of the artificial bump of "ten percent" in batting (the results of which are more obvious now, across the board, since salaries of the hottest pitchers are up about where they should be, albeit item #1 being a factor in that).
7/14/2017 8:15 PM (edited)
If a player is overvalued, don't use him.

I agree that the formula isn't working at the high end, and should be fixed before we lose players. But I'm always glad to see changes that require us to come up with new strategies instead of mindlessly drafting whatever worked before. I've always preferred theme leagues where the best strategy and the stamina requirements are not obvious, figuring it out is one of the best parts of this game. Now the new salaries give us something new to figure out every 3 months.
7/15/2017 1:44 PM
I wonder if admin is going to do anything to change the salary formula.
9/22/2017 12:44 PM
Posted by schwarze on 9/22/2017 12:44:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if admin is going to do anything to change the salary formula.
I think it's the first thing they should fix on SLB, it's just not working, not even the way it was intended. High cap leagues are blowing salaries of star players completely through the roof, everything keeps going up and nothing is going down. How about a little " What goes up must come down"? Some gravity would be appreciated Seble.
9/22/2017 12:53 PM
When is the next increase?
9/25/2017 8:12 AM
Should be coming in October
9/25/2017 9:57 AM
I say call it off, until they find a better formula, enough with the pointless salary increases. Up, up and away... lower caps just can't afford talent anymore, getting more and more boring.
9/25/2017 4:06 PM
Posted by rbow923 on 7/15/2017 1:44:00 PM (view original):
If a player is overvalued, don't use him.

I agree that the formula isn't working at the high end, and should be fixed before we lose players. But I'm always glad to see changes that require us to come up with new strategies instead of mindlessly drafting whatever worked before. I've always preferred theme leagues where the best strategy and the stamina requirements are not obvious, figuring it out is one of the best parts of this game. Now the new salaries give us something new to figure out every 3 months.
Bump.
9/25/2017 4:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Salary Increases Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.