Last Second Recruting Topic

There are 2 cycles left in Allen, and I have 1 scholarship remaining. I just lost out on my last option I had put effort into. In the old system we could always just throw a scholarship to anyone who was still available, but now we need a few cycles to unlock offering the scholarship. If I have no attention points into anyone, is there any way I can still sign a player and not have to take a walkon.
I'm going to throw all my attention points into 1 player, but I assume it's not enough.

Assuming my assumption is correct, is this something that the community feels needs to be changed? Meaning should we allow coaches to grab player in the last cycle who nobody else wanted, so that they don't need to take walkons?
6/22/2017 3:27 PM
I can commiserate with where you're coming from, but ultimately that's what contingency plans are for.
6/22/2017 3:31 PM
I think the last cycle scholarships open up to every player at your level. Maybe even the entire last day?
6/22/2017 3:38 PM
During the last 24 hours you can offer a scholarship to anyone at your projected level.
6/22/2017 3:41 PM
Posted by mrslam34 on 6/22/2017 3:41:00 PM (view original):
During the last 24 hours you can offer a scholarship to anyone at your projected level.
I didn't know that. But other than DI, that's not usually much help.
6/22/2017 3:44 PM
Posted by dan2044 on 6/22/2017 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mrslam34 on 6/22/2017 3:41:00 PM (view original):
I didn't know that. But other than DI, that's not usually much help.
It's not much help if you've only scouted D1. If you've scouted D2, you can make an offer to any D2 player (so can anyone else at that level).
6/22/2017 5:27 PM
If you redshirt a player do you have the option to un redshirt I'm if he doesn't like it? I don't want to lose him I also promised him 10 minutes and playing time was on his preferences
6/22/2017 6:20 PM
Posted by Indianajoinz on 6/22/2017 6:20:00 PM (view original):
If you redshirt a player do you have the option to un redshirt I'm if he doesn't like it? I don't want to lose him I also promised him 10 minutes and playing time was on his preferences
If you promise playing time and then tell him you're going to redshirt him his interest immediately drops to very low. I've informed of redshirts and had players lose interest to the point where I couldn't get them interested again, so I generally just try my luck when they've already signed and remove the redshirt if they don't accept it.
6/22/2017 6:29 PM
Yes that's my question he has already signed.
6/22/2017 6:30 PM
Yeah, you can remove redshirt without penalty. That's why I only ever inform a guy of a redshirt when I don't want him on my team unless he redshirts, as in I'd rather take a walk on than play him his first season.
6/22/2017 6:53 PM
Last Second Recruting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.