Consistently Good Teams? Topic

I noticed a trend with a manager that only cherry-picks pre-built teams and wins championships with them, and it fascinated me to the point of looking through a lot of team histories. That got me thinking - what do you guys think the longest track record for a successful team is? Any chance a team has made consecutive NTs for 75+ seasons?
6/23/2017 1:20 PM
Those guys are whack. I picked Moravian somewhat at random when I first joined not realizing how much of a build it would be and the **** hole conference I was in. I'm in my 10th season now and have to say it's been fun trying to become a contender. Been to the nt the last six seasons, Not a lot of success in the tourney though.
6/23/2017 2:01 PM
Posted by mbriese on 6/23/2017 1:20:00 PM (view original):
I noticed a trend with a manager that only cherry-picks pre-built teams and wins championships with them, and it fascinated me to the point of looking through a lot of team histories. That got me thinking - what do you guys think the longest track record for a successful team is? Any chance a team has made consecutive NTs for 75+ seasons?
You mean this guy? lol. He literally did no work and somehow is in his first season in Purdue, a big six school.

First Stop
Second Stop
Final Stop

18 through 96
6/23/2017 2:51 PM (edited)
The owners who cherry pick are just missing the whole point to the game.
6/23/2017 3:12 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/23/2017 2:51:00 PM (view original):
You mean this guy? lol. He literally did no work and somehow is in his first season in Purdue, a big six school.

First Stop
Second Stop
Final Stop

18 through 96
I hope you're being sarcastic. If you're not then I couldn't disagree with you more. It took him 17 seasons and he didn't "cherry pick" A prestige programs to coach ready-made teams. He took below average teams and made progress. What else do you want?
6/23/2017 3:14 PM
Posted by kevodaphenom on 6/23/2017 3:14:00 PM (view original):

First Stop
Second Stop
Final Stop

18 through 96
I hope you're being sarcastic. If you're not then I couldn't disagree with you more. It took him 17 seasons and he didn't "cherry pick" A prestige programs to coach ready-made teams. He took below average teams and made progress. What else do you want?
I'm being sarcastic. This user and I are buddies.
6/23/2017 3:16 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/23/2017 3:16:00 PM (view original):

First Stop
Second Stop
Final Stop

18 through 96
6/23/2017 3:16 PM
I can name one or two as well...
6/23/2017 3:22 PM
Some UCLA teams have a long history of NT appearances. I am sure some of the other traditional D1 powers are also high. 75+ seasons though? Besides the North Florida team your best bet might be to find a D3 team with only 1-2 coaches in it's history.
6/23/2017 4:20 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/23/2017 3:16:00 PM (view original):

First Stop
Second Stop
Final Stop

18 through 96
You son of a b****.
6/23/2017 4:57 PM

First Stop
Second Stop
Final Stop

18 through 96
Do you want to be buddies, kev?
6/23/2017 4:58 PM
PBAU in Knight, Jamesbond has them running to either PI championships or long NT runs for 50 seasons now

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=13750
6/23/2017 9:15 PM
Xulapaul at Beloit in Wooden has to have one of the most successful, consistent D3 team currently. From seasons 35-95, he has made the NT 59 of 60 times (winning the PI championship the only time he missed). During that 60 season stretch, Xulapaul has won 8 national titles and played in 27 of 60 final fours. Overall winning percentage at Beloit is 0.806

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=3778
6/23/2017 10:07 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 6/23/2017 9:15:00 PM (view original):
PBAU in Knight, Jamesbond has them running to either PI championships or long NT runs for 50 seasons now

True, he's been very successful. But I get the feeling from looking at other worlds that winning at PBAU is a forgone conclusion and even Wardo could have taken that school to a few Final Fours lol.
6/23/2017 10:38 PM
Posted by MWalpole on 6/23/2017 10:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 6/23/2017 9:15:00 PM (view original):

True, he's been very successful. But I get the feeling from looking at other worlds that winning at PBAU is a forgone conclusion and even Wardo could have taken that school to a few Final Fours lol.
Have PBAU. Can confirm.
6/24/2017 12:50 AM
12 Next ▸
Consistently Good Teams? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.