LT Contract Timing Topic

I've learned not to extend LT contracts during the regular season, should a major injury occur. But, when the season is over, and your 30 year old guy is a free agent next year, should we sign him (a) before rollover; or (b) after rollover? If he's willing to sign a contract now, is it possible that he will change his mind and become hard to sign after rollover? In what circumstances do demands change?
6/25/2017 4:32 PM (edited)
I've had a ton of guys who said 'I'll sign. Just make me an offer' walk when the season rolls over. a few times because of the long term 'soft cap' I have lost out on a few of my big names.

If you need em on your squad, sign em before rollover.
6/25/2017 4:10 PM
Thx for responding. What is the LT soft cap? A player that just says no? What criteria goes into that?
6/25/2017 4:30 PM (edited)
I 'think know if it's actually a soft cap or what everyone else calls it but you can only give enough salary to players in future years so that you can still move all other budgets around by (I think it's $4 million but MikeT would know for sure) so I spent $112 on my guys this season but my max I could spend on contracts for the next season was $88 million. It can make things tricky.

I heard someone say that a player who is a type A will never resign after rollover and is less likely to sign if they are a Type B though I don't know if there is any truth to this.
6/25/2017 5:42 PM
Yeah, I believe tufft commented on that earlier. Do any that are not Type A/B get feisty about not signing (unrelated to # of times arbed)?
6/25/2017 6:36 PM
Depends on patience level.
6/25/2017 7:10 PM
LT Contract Timing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.