1999 No Whining Prog - FILLED Topic

The No Whining Progressive is a unique progressive, which just ended our 1998 regular season. We will need one new owner for 1999. The unique thing about our league is that our draft order is completely random each season. As we are a 24 team league, our non-playoff teams are randomized (by a hall of famer not in the league) for the top 16 picks, and our playoff teams are randomized for picks 17-24. The top 16 picks then switch order for the remaining rounds (1-16 become 16-1 starting in 2nd round) and then 17-24 do likewise (17-24 become 24-17 starting in 2nd round).

Otherwise, we utilize the DH in AL only, and draft our own AAA (up to 10 AAA players) with no fictitious players allowed. Trade deadline is Game 120, but you can make call-ups until Game 159. No WW.
6/25/2017 4:11 PM
The available team plays in Kansas City (Kauffman Stadium) and is in the AL Central (Yes DH) - 10th Pick in 1999 1st Round
**New KC owner will receive a free WIS full-season team after staying with league for 3 seasons**

Possible Keepers

C Jorge Posada
1B Will Clark
1B Paul Konerko
1B/C Mike Sweeney
INF Jeff Blauser
2B Mike Lansing
2B Todd Walker
3B Mark Lewis
OF Eric Davis
DH Jose Canseco
DH/OF Jeremy Giambi

P Antonio Alfonseca
P Rod Beck
P Eddie Guardado
P Todd Jones
P Curt Leskanic
P Esteban Loaiza
P Mike Oquist
P Danny Patterson
P Sidney Ponson
P Julio Santana
P Curt Schilling
P Steve Trachsel

Injured Reserve

P Antonio Osuna (2000)
7/2/2017 7:45 PM (edited)
If interested in taking over this team...please post here or sitemail me.
6/25/2017 6:44 PM
This team has the #10 overall pick in the upcoming draft, and just for reference here are some players drafted #10 in previous '99 drafts:

P Eric Gagne
P Jeff Weaver
P Joe Nathan
P Matt Clement
3B Eric Chavez
OF Carlos Lee

All pretty good players...
6/29/2017 7:39 PM
The KC roster may look like a tough place to start, but our league is entering the 1999 Draft, which is STACKED. 2000, 2001, and 2002 are also very deep drafts. With a little work, this team could be a playoff contender in a few short seasons. Jump in and grab them! This league is great, with a fantastic commish and active, competitive owners.
7/2/2017 5:39 PM
**Please see above note...the new owner for KC will be sent a free WIS team after staying with the league for 3 seasons**
7/2/2017 7:47 PM
You'd have to like a sharp needle to the eye to take this team. I guess I can make it through with an eye patch.

Lmk if this team is still available.

DD
7/4/2017 8:10 PM
Posted by DodgerDon on 7/4/2017 8:10:00 PM (view original):
You'd have to like a sharp needle to the eye to take this team. I guess I can make it through with an eye patch.

Lmk if this team is still available.

DD
They're yours...thank you sir.
7/5/2017 10:37 PM
1999 No Whining Prog - FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.