Looking for advice on who to play at PF and who to play at C. Not sure which ratings are more important for each position.

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Team Profile

Thank you.
6/25/2017 4:56 PM
You will be super surprised but REB has equal value at PF and C. PFs need better Speed and Handles while Centers need SB.
6/25/2017 5:05 PM
I'd put summers at c and switch out bridges and Dailey at pf depending on whether you need more speed on defense or scoring ability on offense.
6/25/2017 5:09 PM
Bridges, Sommers, and Waterhouse are your only scorers. You need to make sure at least 1 of them is on the court at all times. Initially I would have said start both Bridges and Sommers but if all three of the aforementioned guys come out at the same time your offense will become a black hole. So I'd probably go:
PF: Graham, Bridges, Daily
C: Sommers, [empty], Bridges, Daily
6/25/2017 5:26 PM
Why start Graham at pf?
6/25/2017 5:39 PM
Hmm...I don't know, actually. I wonder if I mixed up Graham and Sommers when I was looking at things, but Sommers' speed lends him more for the PF spot. So,
PF: Sommers, [empty], Bridges, Daily
C: Graham, Bridges, Daily
6/25/2017 10:34 PM
I hope someone can answer a newbie question. I am not clear on the answer about an [empty] depth chart spot. Do you mean just listing a player in slots 1, 3 and 4? No one in two? What does that do, extend the minutes of the starter? Is that commonly done? What are the pros and cons of doing that? Thanks in advance for some discussion.
6/25/2017 11:06 PM
I though the computer just moved up the people behind that depth chart spot but I don't know.
6/26/2017 8:18 AM
I think Cub is right. In any given slot -- PG, SG, SF, PF, C -- the engine will substitute whomever in next in line, regardless of whether it's second or third or fourth. As for the pros and cons, I don't know. I've never done it. I've always filled out every slot.
6/26/2017 8:40 AM
Posted by DeBeque on 6/25/2017 11:06:00 PM (view original):
I hope someone can answer a newbie question. I am not clear on the answer about an [empty] depth chart spot. Do you mean just listing a player in slots 1, 3 and 4? No one in two? What does that do, extend the minutes of the starter? Is that commonly done? What are the pros and cons of doing that? Thanks in advance for some discussion.
I'm not going to be able to explain this nearly as well as it was explained to me, but I'll give it a shot. In the exampled I gave it'll ultimately give more minutes to Bridges.

The engine basically assigns numbers to each slot on the depth chart. Starters are 1, backups 2, etc. When all of your starters are in the summation is 5. When all of your 4th stringers are in it's 20. The goal of the engine is to always have the lowest total on the court at any given time. If you put Bridges as the first backup at the PF AND C spots, the engine will randomly assign him to the PF or C position when subs happen. Leaving an [empty] slot is a way to tell the engine to prioritize where you want Bridges subbing in first. Ultimately, it'll give Bridges about 6-8 more mpg than if you put him as the first backup in two different positions.

Using the empty spot is most useful when you have a guy that can backup multiple positions and you need/want to maximize his minutes.
6/26/2017 8:43 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/26/2017 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by DeBeque on 6/25/2017 11:06:00 PM (view original):
I'm not going to be able to explain this nearly as well as it was explained to me, but I'll give it a shot. In the exampled I gave it'll ultimately give more minutes to Bridges.

The engine basically assigns numbers to each slot on the depth chart. Starters are 1, backups 2, etc. When all of your starters are in the summation is 5. When all of your 4th stringers are in it's 20. The goal of the engine is to always have the lowest total on the court at any given time. If you put Bridges as the first backup at the PF AND C spots, the engine will randomly assign him to the PF or C position when subs happen. Leaving an [empty] slot is a way to tell the engine to prioritize where you want Bridges subbing in first. Ultimately, it'll give Bridges about 6-8 more mpg than if you put him as the first backup in two different positions.

Using the empty spot is most useful when you have a guy that can backup multiple positions and you need/want to maximize his minutes.
This is good.
6/26/2017 8:49 AM
So, in your example:

PF: Sommers, [empty], Bridges, Daily
C: Graham, Bridges, Daily

it will maximize Bridges' minutes at Center? And maximize Sommers' minutes, too, at PF?
6/26/2017 8:55 AM
Sommers is always going to have his minutes maximized (assuming you're using fatigue settings because he is the starter. In this case there isn't a clear cut backup PF or C. Graham has far less stamina than Sommers so he'll come out first, and that's why I'd put Bridges as the immediate backup there.
6/26/2017 11:36 AM
That's great info, Darnoc. Thank you for sharing!
6/26/2017 6:53 PM
Which is better target minutes or fatigue? I have a couple players that I have to get then they're minutes
6/26/2017 9:45 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.