Potential 4 Recruits Topic

Quick question guys. First year at U of Arizona......How common is it to sign two-4 potentials in the same recruiting class? I was extremely lucky this year and actually pulled this off. At Howard and Coastal Carolina, I never once even seen a 4 potential, and I come out West and see two within a few miles of the school. Is this common?

Thoughts??
6/26/2017 8:22 AM
Congratulations
6/26/2017 8:27 AM
I assume you mean "Sky is the Limit" recruits, nice job. I have seen 1 total in the 10 seasons I have been at W&M this time, he is a RB on rustcity's team right now.

I brought this up on the TD show chat but I actually use 5 categories for potential and add it to Yatzers tool. These are all WE dependent and the HC visit has a different response, I only included AC scout reply.

1-Tapped out (these folks don't grow at all, maybe a point or two per season)
2-He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (minimal growth, 10-15 points per season)
3-I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (20 points or so per season)
4- He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us (30-40 points per season)
5-Sky's the Limit (50-60 points per season)

The 4 rating system works but I would not recruit a 1 player regardless of his initial cores, they don't grow at all.
6/26/2017 9:04 AM
I signed 2 SITL recruits this recruiting session with Hawaii in Dobie. Both were from the mainland too.
6/26/2017 9:20 AM
Nice caly! I have signed two STL's in Wilk since I joined (1 this year) and I have seen...ohh...maybe 5-6 total. Pretty rare and getting 2 in one year is amazing. Personally, I would redshirt both of them.

Good luck.

nitros (James)
6/26/2017 9:39 AM
Yes sir, that is what I meant. To make it even crazier, I actually seen 3 STL's recruits. I chose the 2 I thought I might have a very small chance at, and it turned out extreme luck was on my side. The recruits were a RB, QB, and DB. The DB had already started a battle, so I stayed out of it. The RB I signed with under $20,000 total, and the QB I had to battle. So...all in all I did sign the RB and QB.
6/26/2017 10:02 AM (edited)
yeah Caly , you picked my running back off that was STL!! Nice steal on that one!!
6/26/2017 10:26 AM
Posted by dukelegend on 6/26/2017 9:04:00 AM (view original):
I assume you mean "Sky is the Limit" recruits, nice job. I have seen 1 total in the 10 seasons I have been at W&M this time, he is a RB on rustcity's team right now.

I brought this up on the TD show chat but I actually use 5 categories for potential and add it to Yatzers tool. These are all WE dependent and the HC visit has a different response, I only included AC scout reply.

1-Tapped out (these folks don't grow at all, maybe a point or two per season)
2-He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (minimal growth, 10-15 points per season)
3-I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (20 points or so per season)
4- He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us (30-40 points per season)
5-Sky's the Limit (50-60 points per season)

The 4 rating system works but I would not recruit a 1 player regardless of his initial cores, they don't grow at all.
I used to think "Strides" and "Avg" were two different levels, like you have here with #2 and #3.

But I have sent multiple scouts to the same player and received both of these responses back about same player. So that would lead me to believe they are the same. Or maybe there is some overlap?

I dont know, but if you same extra cash, try it and you'll see both those responses on same guy.
6/26/2017 11:16 AM
Good strides DOES equal average.

Since I don't recruit anything below good strides / average, I haven't bothered to study, but there may be a distinction between these two:

1. Tapped out
2. About reached his potential

But I'm not certain.
6/26/2017 11:57 AM
I also got two STL recruits in a single class down at St. Mary's. QB - Joyner, WR - Hurst

So, uhhh, good luck D-IAA with those two under mcbethbr's guidance. You're welcome.
6/26/2017 11:58 AM
Hah...holy cow.

nitros
6/26/2017 12:04 PM
Thankfully only 2 seasons left...

I think I scout a lot of players and as I said, 1 STL in 10 years at W&M this go around.
6/26/2017 12:41 PM
Wow - I haven't seen a single STL recruit with three teams in the last ten seasons.
6/26/2017 12:43 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 6/26/2017 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Good strides DOES equal average.

Since I don't recruit anything below good strides / average, I haven't bothered to study, but there may be a distinction between these two:

1. Tapped out
2. About reached his potential

But I'm not certain.
I think I should adjust back to 4 ratings then...I need to go look at my data and check my "2 and 3" rating players.

I have had a "tapped out" before and it is literally no growth at all. About reached potential does grow some...

1-tapped out
2-some room/ave
3-above ave
4-STL

??
6/26/2017 12:44 PM
I usually see more SITL recruits because I scout so many. I scouted 110 recruits in Wilkinson this cycle and about 90 in Dobie.
6/26/2017 12:46 PM
12 Next ▸
Potential 4 Recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.