Are Player Salaries Too High? Topic

I guess I always feel pretty limited when I'm putting an open league team together, thus across the board, do you think salaries are too high? Rarely do you see a team get close to 19680 minutes and I think a lot of players (the few that are left) depend on a luck of the draw with rookies.

I'd be interested to see what the vets/regulars say about this...I just feel like this game used to be a lot better back in the day...plus I'm still waiting on 13 teams for an open league to fill, the day after the 16-17 players were released.
6/28/2017 9:41 PM
No successful OL team drafts that many minutes. You shoot for around 17k (mid to low 16ks if you enjoy that headache). So, yes, they are too high.
6/28/2017 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCCR-btg3o
6/29/2017 1:22 AM
IMO, salaries aren't too high.
6/29/2017 11:23 AM
What if the greatest players of all time could play alongside imaginary rookies? Awesome concept...or maybe not. Why are they in the game at all.
6/29/2017 12:16 PM
Random rookies destroy the whole concept of a salary cap. Haven't played a League with them in over a decade and don't see why I ever will.
They should be eliminated totally so OL owners are forced to draft the proper minutes.
7/1/2017 6:01 PM
Agree. Is it to much to ask them to change Open leagues to 47M and just force you to run with the 12 guys you draft?
7/2/2017 8:07 PM
I agree and I think a lot of other people feel the same way, but then someone will start a $47 million theme league with no rookies which is what we want open leagues to be and they still take forever to fill.
7/2/2017 9:06 PM
That's a wis having too few customers problem... which is 100% their own fault, so.
7/2/2017 9:45 PM
Are Player Salaries Too High? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.