Sims in recruiting now really **** me off. I am recruiting a guy and I am moderate to the sims very low for a long period of time. Then, he jumps up to very high, and I drag him back down to Moderate (the sim was D2 and I was D3 and the player was an early signer) I keep 80 APs on the player because in the past I have kept lower numbers like 30 on and it wasn't enough to hold off sims. For a couple of cycles I am fine, I keep the 80 on throughout all of this, and then BAM the sim jumps up again and the recruit signs.

What is the deal with their recruiting strategy? How do you know if they are finished. At least with a human you know there is some strategy, but with Sims you never know, because they could stay at Very Low for the whole time without competing. I assumed that after they invested the HVs that they just added APs each cycle, but after this I think that they add HVs on later as well, but not the next cycle, a random cycle a day later.
6/28/2017 11:46 PM
Ive heard that as soon as Simmy offers a scholly, its over.
6/29/2017 9:52 AM
That's not what I just experienced, he went from scholly to HVs to dragged down, to HVs again.
6/29/2017 11:16 AM
We really can't have it both ways. We want higher divisions to get the players because that's the most "realistic". We want sims to recruit better because taking over a long-time sim team is a nightmare.

6/29/2017 11:19 AM
I like that the D2 Sim kept after a player a D3 player was on. It's a good thing. I hope there is more of that competition
6/29/2017 12:55 PM
I would be fine with it if I could understand the process they go through, but I am thoroughly confused.
6/29/2017 1:11 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/29/2017 1:11:00 PM (view original):
I would be fine with it if I could understand the process they go through, but I am thoroughly confused.
Why should anyone's recruiting pattern be predictable? I don't get your complaint at all.
6/29/2017 1:48 PM
It's not a person though, it's a sim, they shouldn't recruit in an unpredictable way.
6/29/2017 2:06 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/29/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
It's not a person though, it's a sim, they shouldn't recruit in an unpredictable way.
Why not?
6/29/2017 2:22 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/29/2017 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Why not?
Because the users are paying for the game?

^^ This is why. WIS devs wants it this way. This is NOT my viewpoint.

Turtl, if they offer a ship the recruit is as good as gone.
7/1/2017 3:45 PM (edited)
But don't we want SIM to recruit better so humans will be more interested in taking their team? And don't we want D1 to trump D2 and D2 to trump D3 in recruiting?

Because, if we don't want these things, there's a lot of lip service going on in this forum.
6/29/2017 3:01 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/29/2017 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Why not?

So why make users play games against sims? Shouldn't those be auto-wins?

And why let sim schools recruit? Shouldn't WIS_Support just randomly assign unwanted players to sim schools when recruiting ends?

6/29/2017 3:03 PM
Why not?

That isn't true. I have had several scenarios as a lower division when a higher division sim had already offered a scholarship where I have passed them and moved them to Low or Very Low and gotten the recruit. Sometimes they move back up to moderate or even high, but it's not over just b/c a sim offered a scholarship and is in a higher or the projected division
6/29/2017 3:51 PM
Posted by byeags25 on 6/29/2017 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Why not?

That isn't true. I have had several scenarios as a lower division when a higher division sim had already offered a scholarship where I have passed them and moved them to Low or Very Low and gotten the recruit. Sometimes they move back up to moderate or even high, but it's not over just b/c a sim offered a scholarship and is in a higher or the projected division
Agreed. It's not a guaranteed loss either way.

And yeah, SIMs need to put up a little fight. C'mon guys. Either they recruit and make it a LITTLE difficult or you might as well not have them recruit at all.

In the first few seasons of Beta, I was beating out D1 teams at D3 using just AP. That was too easy! And we told Seble it was too easy and he bumped up the SIMs aggressiveness. With populations as pitiful as they are, if Sims were complete pushovers, you'd have even MORE imbalance and recruiting would be so unbelievably boring at lower levels.
6/29/2017 4:39 PM
It should be difficult. Sims should be able to recruit to produce average teams and be more aggressive in battles. I'd like to be able to join a new team that's not in shambles and also have Simmy be competitive. Recruiting is so boring at D3 haha
6/29/2017 5:42 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.