Posted by byeags25 on 6/29/2017 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/29/2017 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/29/2017 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/29/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
It's not a person though, it's a sim, they shouldn't recruit in an unpredictable way.
Why not?
Because the users are paying for the game?

Turtl, if they offer a ship the recruit is as good as gone.
That isn't true. I have had several scenarios as a lower division when a higher division sim had already offered a scholarship where I have passed them and moved them to Low or Very Low and gotten the recruit. Sometimes they move back up to moderate or even high, but it's not over just b/c a sim offered a scholarship and is in a higher or the projected division
Same here. It is still manageable when the SIM offer a scholly but work the cycles intelligently.
6/29/2017 6:52 PM
I agree that it should take a fight to take down a higher level sim. What I don't like is how this sim added more HVs like 4 cycles after I passed him, even with me doing 80 APs, and that's after he used HVs to pass me in the first place. That to me seems like it's to much.
6/29/2017 8:55 PM
What I am saying is that there should be some sense of predictability because all of these simmys are acting completely different, and there is no way to stratagiz on that because there is a sim on almost every player, so how will you know which one will play like a human, and which one will not. With a human, you know they will act intelligently (most likely) , with a Sim you don't know.
6/29/2017 8:57 PM
Why is it that this one sim made a move like this? What would happen if all of the sims in the game played like this? The top 25 teams would be filled with sims because they wouldn't make mistakes, this sim coach made an excellent move, my question is, why was he so much better than every other sim I have seen.
6/29/2017 9:01 PM
The two sim recruited players on my roster both have only 30 APs on them for the whole time, no HVs. But what happened to the money for the HVs, why didn't they go after and poach a top player? They had the funds for it, they should have gone all in. If we really want sims to play like humans they should all play like that, if not, they should all recruit at the same predictable level.
6/29/2017 9:04 PM
I agree with the part that it's annoying. It's very frustrating. But it's hard to sympathize with you with not getting that recruit. considering the school you're recruiting against is D-2.
6/29/2017 9:22 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/29/2017 8:57:00 PM (view original):
What I am saying is that there should be some sense of predictability because all of these simmys are acting completely different, and there is no way to stratagiz on that because there is a sim on almost every player, so how will you know which one will play like a human, and which one will not. With a human, you know they will act intelligently (most likely) , with a Sim you don't know.
I think what you're saying is "I lost a battle that, for all intents and purposes, I should have lost but I don't like it. Therefore, this sucks."
6/29/2017 9:48 PM
No what I am saying is, if sims are going to recruit intelligently, they should all recruit intelligently. I dont mind losing a battle like this if it happened with everybody and was a common thing, but it's not, I have not yet seen another example of a sim team 3 times putting in effort to get ahead. Maybe some other person will come on and give another example or two, but it is still the large minority I garuntee you. Considering in my like 20 seasons after 3.0 started I haven't seen it, it must be rare.
6/30/2017 11:04 AM
Losing the battle is not what I see as the issue here, does it suck yes, the player was the best I had on my board and was going to start at PG for me. I am not just whining about losing the battle. I see an annomoly in the game and I am asking if anyone has figured out the process that sims use for recruiting.
6/30/2017 11:09 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/29/2017 9:04:00 PM (view original):
The two sim recruited players on my roster both have only 30 APs on them for the whole time, no HVs. But what happened to the money for the HVs, why didn't they go after and poach a top player? They had the funds for it, they should have gone all in. If we really want sims to play like humans they should all play like that, if not, they should all recruit at the same predictable level.
I am sure there is a pattern for sim recruiting. It is predictable, it just isn't easily predictable.

6/30/2017 11:10 AM
As a DIII school I've fended off DII schools who offered schollies to my targets twice, including one where the DII sim offered a scholarship in the first recruiting period and I knocked them off in the second recruiting period and won the battle to sign him (though it's important to note that this recruit had a "late" signing period preference).
6/30/2017 11:13 AM
" I am asking if anyone has figured out the process that sims use for recruiting."

Yeah, kinda. It goes something like this:

1. Sim identifies X recruits,(my guess is open scholarships +1 but I could be wrong.
2. Sim divides up AP for those recruits, it's usually around 20.
3. Sim waits until scholarship unlocks.
4. AT SOME POINT, Sim decides if it thinks it can win a battle based on competition, if so, it offers scholarship and some HVs. If not, it tries to find new targets.
6/30/2017 12:31 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/30/2017 11:04:00 AM (view original):
No what I am saying is, if sims are going to recruit intelligently, they should all recruit intelligently. I dont mind losing a battle like this if it happened with everybody and was a common thing, but it's not, I have not yet seen another example of a sim team 3 times putting in effort to get ahead. Maybe some other person will come on and give another example or two, but it is still the large minority I garuntee you. Considering in my like 20 seasons after 3.0 started I haven't seen it, it must be rare.
I don't really care to argue about this but you're suggesting that we should know EXACTLY how SIMAI recruits. That makes for a sucky game. I'd look at this situation as "D2 beat D3. That's how it should work."
6/30/2017 12:36 PM
Yeah, I'm not really seeing the issue here. Recruiting against anyone in the division above you, including SIMs, should be a losing effort more often than not.
6/30/2017 1:54 PM
Again, I'm not complaining about losing the battle, I am complaining about the process that got to me losing the battle, but I know Mike can't comprehend any sort of complex thought so he will keep seeing it as me whining for losing a battle.

I want I know the process in order to better recruit in the future, TJ said what I thought the process was, but know I think there is an extra step that adds extra HVs on top of the original amount if they are down by a small margin.
6/30/2017 11:39 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.