Posted by sol_phenom3 on 6/30/2017 11:13:00 AM (view original):
As a DIII school I've fended off DII schools who offered schollies to my targets twice, including one where the DII sim offered a scholarship in the first recruiting period and I knocked them off in the second recruiting period and won the battle to sign him (though it's important to note that this recruit had a "late" signing period preference).
Yes the late signing preference helps a lot, because you don't have to worry about a small bump that brings him over the top for one cycle and wins it.
6/30/2017 11:41 PM
"TJ said what I thought the process was, but know I think there is an extra step that adds extra HVs on top of the original amount if they are down by a small margin."

"4. AT SOME POINT, Sim decides if it thinks it can win a battle based on competition, if so, it offers scholarship and some HVs. If not, it tries to find new targets."

It's not like 2.0 where the sim dumped effort one time and and then waited to see what happened. In 3.0 I believe the sim:

1. is constantly adding AP.
2. reevaluates its choices (at a maximum once per day, at a minimum twice a recruiting period) and adjusts effort.
3. doesn't respect lower level schools, meaning it will think it can beat a lower level school even if it's losing by a lot and continue to put in effort.
4. still doesn't recruit efficiently (I think they only use AP and HV's).
5. now receive the same amount of recruiting cash as humans do
7/1/2017 8:20 AM (edited)
Trenton : It seems getting an agressive SIM from VH to VL stops him from coming back. Have you guys experienced this? I know you can't let a SIM at moderate, it will make pushes until the recruit is signed. Not sure on low.
7/1/2017 8:43 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/1/2017 8:20:00 AM (view original):
"TJ said what I thought the process was, but know I think there is an extra step that adds extra HVs on top of the original amount if they are down by a small margin."

"4. AT SOME POINT, Sim decides if it thinks it can win a battle based on competition, if so, it offers scholarship and some HVs. If not, it tries to find new targets."

It's not like 2.0 where the sim dumped effort one time and and then waited to see what happened. In 3.0 I believe the sim:

1. is constantly adding AP.
2. reevaluates its choices (at a maximum once per day, at a minimum twice a recruiting period) and adjusts effort.
3. doesn't respect lower level schools, meaning it will think it can beat a lower level school even if it's losing by a lot and continue to put in effort.
4. still doesn't recruit efficiently (I think they only use AP and HV's).
5. now receive the same amount of recruiting cash as humans do
Oh, I thought you meant that he only puts in the HVs when he decides he can win. Looks like we were on the same page.
7/1/2017 11:43 AM
Posted by zorzii on 7/1/2017 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Trenton : It seems getting an agressive SIM from VH to VL stops him from coming back. Have you guys experienced this? I know you can't let a SIM at moderate, it will make pushes until the recruit is signed. Not sure on low.
That could be it, I've noticed if you get the scholarship in first you usually don't have to battle the sim (which makes it moderate to VL), so maybe that's the deal. I will pay closer attention to see if it stays true.
7/1/2017 11:46 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/1/2017 7:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/30/2017 11:39:00 PM (view original):
Again, I'm not complaining about losing the battle, I am complaining about the process that got to me losing the battle, but I know Mike can't comprehend any sort of complex thought so he will keep seeing it as me whining for losing a battle.

I want I know the process in order to better recruit in the future, TJ said what I thought the process was, but know I think there is an extra step that adds extra HVs on top of the original amount if they are down by a small margin.
Yes, I'm the only one saying that you're whining, dick.
Your the only one that has posted four times and has contributed nothing to the conversation (as usual) besides "shut up stop whining", and " don't try to learn more about the game it'll ruin it".
7/1/2017 11:55 AM
Posted by byeags25 on 6/29/2017 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/29/2017 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/29/2017 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/29/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
It's not a person though, it's a sim, they shouldn't recruit in an unpredictable way.
Why not?
Because the users are paying for the game?

Turtl, if they offer a ship the recruit is as good as gone.
That isn't true. I have had several scenarios as a lower division when a higher division sim had already offered a scholarship where I have passed them and moved them to Low or Very Low and gotten the recruit. Sometimes they move back up to moderate or even high, but it's not over just b/c a sim offered a scholarship and is in a higher or the projected division
This experience could go along with the idea that when a sim goes down to low or VL they quit, except he says they have gone back up a little.
7/1/2017 11:58 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/1/2017 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/1/2017 7:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 6/30/2017 11:39:00 PM (view original):
Again, I'm not complaining about losing the battle, I am complaining about the process that got to me losing the battle, but I know Mike can't comprehend any sort of complex thought so he will keep seeing it as me whining for losing a battle.

I want I know the process in order to better recruit in the future, TJ said what I thought the process was, but know I think there is an extra step that adds extra HVs on top of the original amount if they are down by a small margin.
Yes, I'm the only one saying that you're whining, dick.
Your the only one that has posted four times and has contributed nothing to the conversation (as usual) besides "shut up stop whining", and " don't try to learn more about the game it'll ruin it".
Try the report function
7/1/2017 12:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/29/2017 11:19:00 AM (view original):
We really can't have it both ways. We want higher divisions to get the players because that's the most "realistic". We want sims to recruit better because taking over a long-time sim team is a nightmare.

This was my point, whineyturtl.

What you want is to know EXACTLY what SIMAI will do so you can either win the battle or remove yourself from it without wasting resources. That's the EXACT opposite of what you'd know if it were a human. And "we" all want to play humans, right?
7/1/2017 3:50 PM
So what you are saying is that we want sims to recruit like humans, so we should not try to solve what sims do. We should just not talk about the process at all, and not attempt to recruit more efficiently because of it. We should not try to be better at the game in order to make it more realistic. No wonder your teams aren't any good, the coach doesn't want to learn more about the game and actually be a competitive coach.
7/1/2017 11:30 PM
To be fair, in the brief time Mike has been playing HD, his teams, especially WCST, have been competitive with solidly composed rosters, some theoretical acumen and decent game planning.
7/2/2017 8:34 PM (edited)
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/1/2017 11:30:00 PM (view original):
So what you are saying is that we want sims to recruit like humans, so we should not try to solve what sims do. We should just not talk about the process at all, and not attempt to recruit more efficiently because of it. We should not try to be better at the game in order to make it more realistic. No wonder your teams aren't any good, the coach doesn't want to learn more about the game and actually be a competitive coach.
You probably should have researched that dig before you posted it.
7/1/2017 11:52 PM
He hasn't gotten past the second round and his overall record (including his time like 4 years ago) is .54, I don't consider that to be competitive, I was at that level a year and a half ago when I had just started playing the game and I didn't know what I was doing, he has won two NT games, bravo give that man a medal, but if he is not going to try to learn about the game like I am trying to do, he will stay at that level. He is trying to say that we shouldn't learn about the process that goes into recruiting because it will ruin the game, that is BS and makes no sense.
7/2/2017 12:04 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/2/2017 12:04:00 AM (view original):
He hasn't gotten past the second round and his overall record (including his time like 4 years ago) is .54, I don't consider that to be competitive, I was at that level a year and a half ago when I had just started playing the game and I didn't know what I was doing, he has won two NT games, bravo give that man a medal, but if he is not going to try to learn about the game like I am trying to do, he will stay at that level. He is trying to say that we shouldn't learn about the process that goes into recruiting because it will ruin the game, that is BS and makes no sense.
You need to calm down.
7/2/2017 12:17 AM
I guess I see it differently MonsterTurtl. I didn't want a static recruiting SIM engine. Too much like the old Atari or original Nintendo games they had when I was a little kid. If you figured out the patterns you won no additional skill required.

In Beta I recommended 10+ different recruiting profiles for Sims based on recruiting patterns of players in Beta. Others agreed with but I don't recall if they ever used the data to create the profiles. They would be randomly assigned to sim teams at the start of each season or recruiting cycle. Some based on new users, average users, and experienced users. Depending on the profile assigned to that sim they might be a great recruiter or easily beatable, aggressive or conservative, flexible or stubborn to a fault, or just average across the board. It would give the SIM teams better players and create an uncertainty that would keep the best players challenged. In rare situations you might even have a SIM get lucky enough to get a couple great profiles in a row and pull in a really good team. Then someone might take that team or it could make a run in the tournament before the best coaches beat it.

I don't know far that went or if they actually did it but it would make for a very interesting game to have a recruiting SIM like that.
7/2/2017 12:52 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.