TD Show Tonight 7/14 *canceled due to broken* Topic

Nice! Sorry to overlook that result CB...my apologies. On mine...nah, I have 4 losses coming right around the corner. May make it in the playoffs...but it will be so very tight.

nitros (James)
7/7/2017 7:18 PM (edited)
Posted by nitros on 7/7/2017 3:30:00 PM (view original):
P.S. Storylines that I am following this year so far:

1. Can anyone beat TSU? Vikes has the team on a roll. BIG wins over W&M and Texas State.
2. McBeth is killing it at St. Mary's. Only loss to #1 ranked Marist.
3. Chetty has Maine ranked #3. Can Chetty get over the hump this year?
4. Why is no one talking about Western Carolina? Take a look at that SR roster. Maybe no NC this year...but great progress by this coach.
5. My darkhorse team Georgia Southern drops 2 L's to Marist (loss by 1 point) and TN-Tech by 10. So...is this a contender or not? 1 pt loss to Marist says yes. 10 pt loss to TN-Martin says no.
6. Chron takes a SIM loss to Iona. No shame losing to a SIM (well..maybe) but...is this more telling about how a running team can potentially always lose a game even to a SIM? Is this evidence that this is really a pass-oriented engine? I should also mention that Chron was only down by 3 at half to TSU.
7. Dayton loss to N.Iowa...are we sure Dayton is a contender or is N. Iowa that good?
8. JAG's rebuild at Delaware State is going amazing 6-1....playoff bound? Currently ranked #31.

Finally....you should try to get dachmann on the show sometime as you get closer to playoff announcement. Let him cover "Bubble Watch" which we all love.

Thanks for doing the show!

nitros
Gonna go ahead and answer question #1 right now: Yes.
7/7/2017 5:24 PM
Job Status Update:

In Jeopardy:
Temple- Doing well so far at 5-2. I'm guessing they will finish 8-5 or 9-4 and make a L2 or L3 Bowl. Will probably have to win it. If they go on a run they might make a L4 and be saved no matter what.
Notre Dame- It's Alive! 7-0 with a few solid wins so far and ranked #5. Should finish at least 10-3 and make a L4. Will be interesting to see how they do against UM/OSU/PSU, still technically alive in the NC hunt (plays UM tonight).

LTNJ:
Mizzou- 5-2 with a poor SOS. A lock to make a bowl at least, but will probably finish 8-5 so they will need to win their L1 or L2.
North Carolina- 4-3 so far, will probably finish 9-4, which would be a L2 or L3 bowl. I don't see them cracking the Top 25 but you never know.
Cincinnati- 5-0 vs. SIMs, 0-2 vs. Humans. Needs to win 2 out of the last 6 vs. Humans to make a bowl, if they do it'll be a L1 or L2 I would think.
Wisconsin- 4-3 so far, and a lock to make a bowl. Wins over Minny and MSU would probably vault them into the Top 25 with a 9-4 finish assuming they lose to Michigan.
Minnesota- Interesting SOS comparison with Wisconsin, a lesson that scheduling any non-elite human is better than a SIM. Will have to beat one of OSU/WIS/UM/MSU to make a bowl, but if they do it'll probably be a Level 3. New coaches at BCS schools could learn a lot from his schedule, it's currently ranked #4, but all were winnable games. I get on coaches frequently for scheduling incorrectly IMO, Kensei is doing it the right way.
Florida St.- Currently 7-0 but only 2 human wins so they're ranked #20. SOS will be bad all season but they could make the CC game. I honestly don't know if a L3 bowl win will keep them from going In Jeopardy because of the previous 2 seasons, but they should enter the CC game with only 1 loss at most.
Maryland- 4-3 but ranked #95 due to a soft OOC schedule (SIMs they played are currently 3-25 combined). Will get to 7 wins but might not make a bowl if they are ranked #60 or something.
Nebraska- Currently 3-4, but should make a bowl with wins over Mizzou and rebuilding ISU. Currently ranked #53 so might struggle to make a L3 bowl. Would be interesting to see how the engine reacts to a L2 win.
Marquette- Started 4-1 in OOC but is only in Year 3 of this rebuild so they're having trouble in conference. It'll be tough to get to 7 wins for them, hopefully they can sneak into a L1 or L2 bowl and win it to keep status because you never want to see rebuilds get fired before they can get established.
7/7/2017 5:46 PM
Internet is down. As of now show is pushed to this weekend. Look to another update in an hour to confirm.
7/7/2017 8:12 PM
Copy Was looking for it
7/7/2017 10:19 PM
Shooting for Sunday night! Will confirm tonight when it will be. Internet is back so we will see if it stays up.
7/8/2017 11:12 AM
Tonight sounds better
7/8/2017 1:58 PM
Posted by genuvar on 7/8/2017 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Tonight sounds better
Going to the Dbacks game tonight!
7/8/2017 3:18 PM
Posted by truedevil33 on 7/8/2017 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Tonight sounds better
Go Reds!
7/8/2017 3:45 PM
Love me some Pollock and Owings (both on my fantasy team).

nitros
7/8/2017 6:41 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/8/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by truedevil33 on 7/8/2017 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Tonight sounds better
Go Reds!
I'm actually going with a bunch of Reds fans. It will be fun to watch them cry.
7/8/2017 6:46 PM
They're crying because it was too hot for the internet to work!
7/8/2017 7:29 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/8/2017 7:29:00 PM (view original):
They're crying because it was too hot for the internet to work!
It's a dry heat, though.
7/8/2017 11:48 PM
We will have 2 shows this week. One which I will be recording tonight sometime probably late tonight and one that will be love again either Thursday or Friday.
7/9/2017 2:58 PM
Posted by truedevil33 on 7/9/2017 2:58:00 PM (view original):
We will have 2 shows this week. One which I will be recording tonight sometime probably late tonight and one that will be love again either Thursday or Friday.
Recording............meh. Sponsors don't pay for that tape delay crap.
7/9/2017 3:33 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
TD Show Tonight 7/14 *canceled due to broken* Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.