25 restored/colorized photos from deadball era Topic

Pretty neat!

I love the job he did on the Casey Stengel photo.
6/30/2017 4:55 PM
Vey nice. Casey looks very cool. Especiallly liked Connie Mack and Jim Thorpe photos.
6/30/2017 6:13 PM
Wow, what a great find and thanks for sharing the pix. I wish I could say which I liked best. Probably the Ruth, but that Wagner shot is super well done
6/30/2017 8:43 PM
chief meyers look like oblama tell me he dont

chief bein a way o' gettin the black man in the game

oh no he not negro, he injun, he cin play
6/30/2017 9:10 PM (edited)
stengal == woody harrelson
6/30/2017 9:11 PM
1. What's up with all the blue? Thought the white Sox were black and white even back then. But not just the white Sox tho, I didn't expect all the blue.

2. Why were the pants so baggy? It's like they made pants for William H Taft, and then put a "one size fits all" sticker on it.

3. The guy next to Pete Alexander. Dang, they had fades back in 1914? Me and my friends rock various forms of that haircut.
6/30/2017 9:33 PM
2. my guess is fashion. i don't know what it takes to look rich these days, but back in the earlies you had to have horses. how do you show you got horses when you live in the city and don't. johdpurs. flanksteaks tartar. it's a relic hearkening back. baseball being a pastoral enterprise
6/30/2017 9:46 PM
Fantastic photos ! Really brings them to life.

7/1/2017 9:49 AM
"Why were the pants so baggy? It's like they made pants for William H Taft, and then put a "one size fits all" sticker on it."

That made me laugh !
7/1/2017 9:50 AM
incredible..
they said shoeless joe was no einstein...seeing his crazy uniform it might be true......johhny evers looks like he served for the north in the civil war.
td bank branches have giant wall size colorized photos from the neighborhood of the branch...you can step inside the photos and go back in time.
7/1/2017 1:57 PM
Thanks for posting this Crazy ....
In the picture with McGraw Johnny Evers looks almost ill he's so skinny.

I came across this picture the other day that I hadn't seen before more than 1200 HRs here
Might be a theme league here .... 'using only players pictured on this page build your best team ........'
7/1/2017 3:53 PM
1. What's up with all the blue? Thought the white Sox were black and white even back then. But not just the white Sox tho, I didn't expect all the blue.

Seems to be accurate. You can check out what uniforms from the past looked like here.
7/2/2017 8:24 PM
Does anyone else think that Jim Thorpe looks like The Joker?
7/3/2017 1:20 AM
25 restored/colorized photos from deadball era Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.