Allow me to introduce myself.... Topic

Greetings and Salutations to anyone taking their time to read this.

This is my second season in What If and I am really enjoying it. I have joined the Warner world, and am currently the coach of UMC or Minnesota Crookston, Just looking to get out there and make some friends or enemies, you know whichever present themselves.

A bit about me, i live in my parents basement and gorge myself on cheese balls and my diet consists of mountain dew and liberal tears...

Actually none of that's true, im just a sarcastic, middle age guy who is married with no kids and is living out the dream of coaching a football team. Looking forward to creating a little buzz in the world. Thanks for reading....
7/6/2017 4:22 PM
Lorne , welcome.
May I suggest that in order to reach the most coaches, you post in the general GD Forum.
Most coaches don't even check these forums dedicated to a single world.
7/7/2017 9:37 AM
Yeah I figured as much, however I wanted it to be a little more personal than some vague nothing on all the worlds.
7/7/2017 7:28 PM
Well glad to have you in warner.hope u enjoy the game.u have alot of good coach's in this world and some that think there are good lol I have been around since 08 and alot of the coach's before that and they will try to help anyway they can.so have fun and enjoy the game.
7/10/2017 9:11 AM
Thanks mate. I scheduled #1 and #2 overall for exhibition games. I lost today to the #1 team. I had 5 interceptions but it looks like he was an all passing attack. Is that something the works well or should I stay balanced?
7/10/2017 4:33 PM
You can win with almost any style of play if you (i) recruit to that style, (ii) have a high FIQ and (iii) properly gameplan. My personal opinion is that this engine works best with more passing than running. I would start somewhat balanced (say 60/40 pass) and adjust from there.

Good luck.

nitros
7/10/2017 5:15 PM
Glad to see that UMC still has a human coach. I had a fun few years coaching there. I was a mostly running team when I was there although many people prefer a full on passing attack,
7/13/2017 7:23 AM
Glad to have you here. If you have any questions feel free to site mail me or just about any coach. They will uselly help you out
7/14/2017 8:08 PM
Don't get impatient. Be flexible to all ideas at first but find a plan you feel good about then work to improve it. Good luck and ask questions. Many many long time players will answer. Then it's up to you to use what you like and discard what you don't.
7/16/2017 5:42 PM
Welcome Lornej75. I've found the GD community to be a lot of fun. Learning this game takes some patience.

My my biggest recommendation would be to add a team in Wilkinson also. It is the most populated world. Several coaches do podcasts and blog content. The forums are very active. It is my favorite world by far.

The Wilkinson world is wrapping up this week so teams should be available later in the week?
7/16/2017 6:09 PM
Might want to also look at Rockne. Akua has taken it upon himself to create that world's version of Wilkinson Central and I think he's off to a good start.
7/16/2017 8:20 PM
I haven't delved off into other leagues just yet. Mainly because I have an IRL friend who is in this world and we are looking to make a competition out of it, if we could only get to the same conference and same division at the same time. Lol.

update. I'm currently 8-0 and leading 38-0 at half. My guys seem to be performing well. I was very disappointed to not have any recruiting to do as my team was full of people already with no scholarships available.

but I've been messaged privately about taking over a stacked team, also messaged from guys telling me that they're worried about being able to win the championship because I stand in their way. So looks like I'm having some impact on the league.

cheers again mates.
7/20/2017 12:19 PM
Me myself Lorne I run the I formation it gives me a balance attack of passing and running but what ever you feel comfortable is what you do just my opinion.hope you have a great season and lots of fun.and if you have any questions feel free to site mail me be glad to help...... niceguy0863-Bill
7/22/2017 10:34 AM
So as i write this i am scared of taking my first loss of the season to a sim AI team. I am up 10-3 at half and i just got this gut feeling.

I am not exactly sure how to "update my gameplan" as i see some people do to change up the gameplan for a half for the betterment of younger athletes to improve and then putting the A squad in, does composure not have an effect on this, or team continuity, or really anything?

Secondly with an SOS of 29 and going 12-0 maybe 13-0 or 12-1 since its the playoffs what are the chances of a boy like me and a girl (the national championship) winding up together. ( lol of course )

Thirdly how serious are the grades for coaches and will a good run deep into the playoffs help me reach D1AA or should i bet my bottom dollar that ill be spending another year at D2
7/24/2017 2:35 PM
I never have seen a problem going from d2 to 1AA. . But you have to learn the advanced settings if you will ever contend at higher levels.
7/25/2017 7:34 PM
Allow me to introduce myself.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.