What the heck is a rebuild Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/7/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
You guys know you are arguing semantics, right?

benis wants it to work the way it does (or at least is smart enough to realize it's close the **** enough) and just wants the words changed.

shoe thinks the words are unimportant and only the numerical value is relevant.
Except he said

"What if I'm taking over a new school in the 2nd period and I need to unlock actions as quickly as possible. Now having a recruit match my preference doesn't help me at all. It just doesn't penalize me."

It looks like he wants poor D1 schools to have more relative modifier credit for recruits wanting rebuilds (and I presume he'd also like elite D3 schools to get more relative modifier credit for recruits who want success). That's not semantics, that's changing a function of the game, changing the relative value of a single preference.
7/7/2017 6:41 PM (edited)
Shoe, benis is:

1. Being difficult because he likes that
2. Suggesting a a change that would a tiny effect on recruiting effort
3. Is mostly complaining about the fact that ****** teams have a neutral rating ( which is a relative bonus but not an actual bonus) instead of a good rating
7/7/2017 6:50 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/7/2017 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Shoe, benis is:

3. Is mostly complaining about the fact that ****** teams have a neutral rating ( which is a relative bonus but not an actual bonus) instead of a good rating
Correct.
7/7/2017 6:58 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/7/2017 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Shoe, benis is:

I get that's benis being benis. This is me being me. Benis can advocate for his preference all he wants, but he's factually wrong - in this case, saying the system "isn't working properly", suggesting this is some kind of bug or glitch, instead of a carefully designed and intelligently nuanced aspect. I normally don't care much when people are wrong. But in this case, he's lending to the collective b!tchfest tone of the forum, which I am happy to continue to beat back when called upon.
7/7/2017 7:51 PM
Shoe3, beating back the bitchfest since 2016.....

Seriously, this was a decent thread, your explanation of the relative bonus of neutral was valuable to me and probably many others.

and if they called it good but left the numbers the same everyone would be happy :)
7/7/2017 8:22 PM
" instead of a carefully designed and intelligently nuanced aspect"

hahaha this is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. The fact that you believe it wholeheartedly makes it even funnier.

Thanks Shoe, that was great.

Love ya man!
7/7/2017 8:33 PM
Ok, Earl.
7/7/2017 8:47 PM
"which I am happy to continue to beat back when called upon."

Can't wait to see that Shoe/PK bat signal they're installing at WIS HQ
7/7/2017 9:00 PM
Another attempted benis insult, wafting gently in the breeze, smelling faintly of passive aggressive wet dog.
7/7/2017 9:16 PM
My buddy just recruited at D+ 'Nova with a similar resume...here's his team. He said he was "good" for rebuild.
7/8/2017 1:27 PM
According to tanzetti's posts on his coaches corner, UConn was also at "good" for 'wants rebuild' (this was during RS1 of season 107 prior to his prestige bump to B+). What's stranger is AFTER the post-season and AFTER he went from C prestige to B+ prestige, he said he was still at 'good' for rebuild. This then begs the question of whether or not the prestige bump between recruiting sessions takes effect in RS2 or the following seasons RS1. I always assumed it took place in RS2 but now I'm wondering.
7/8/2017 1:37 PM
And I just looked and my Villanova in Knight is still Good on rebuild preference this season.

Ummm, unless you're going to be battling me in the near future. In that case, we are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY Good on rebuild. And every other preference too. Don't bother competing, if you see me on any players, don't waste your money. Please.
7/8/2017 6:11 PM
This entire thread makes more sense when you realize that although benis poses as expert and posts a lot, some of the design and nuances of the game seem to go right over his head. benis, I think you could learn from koopman if you actually took the time to try to understand his posts. He's right that you seem to play the game as you wish it were rather than as it is.
7/9/2017 12:29 AM
Oh cool Spud has joined the party!

Spud - you do realize that I've had more success with my one D1 team starting with a D prestige than PK has had with his two B6 teams? Yes, it looks like I could learn A LOT.

Nice try clown.
7/9/2017 8:43 AM
Which begs the question... why is someone who is so concerned with competition with humans hiding out in New Mexico St? Come join the big east in Allen, if you want a **** measuring contest.
7/9/2017 9:22 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
What the heck is a rebuild Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.