ODL 65 Evals Topic

Posted by pointfwd on 7/18/2017 4:50:00 PM (view original):
I think the correct 3rd rounder for me would have been Tyson over Mookie. But I wanted to ensure d and 3s and I used Tyson last time.
I've never played someone who is less than 98% at a position, so CWebb will be a first (97 @sf) Going with the highest D season for him and Blaylock. Maybe some solid D keeps the team competitive!

Also will probably use lower minute, higher D, better rebounding KAJ.

I will barely scrape by at 19.4 or 5 mins with some defenseless bench guys.

This league is stacked. I just hope to maybe make the playoffs with a lot of luck.
I've used C-Web at SF many times & there's no usually any drop off in performance.
7/18/2017 8:58 PM
Posted by milest on 7/18/2017 8:58:00 PM (view original):
I think the correct 3rd rounder for me would have been Tyson over Mookie. But I wanted to ensure d and 3s and I used Tyson last time.
I've never played someone who is less than 98% at a position, so CWebb will be a first (97 @sf) Going with the highest D season for him and Blaylock. Maybe some solid D keeps the team competitive!

This league is stacked. I just hope to maybe make the playoffs with a lot of luck.
I've used C-Web at SF many times & there's no usually any drop off in performance.
WIS wouldn't know a 3% difference if it shot it in the *** - WIS aint got no nuance
7/18/2017 9:00 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 7/18/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty much done, so I'll give this a go.

Round 1: sort of easy. After I picked Wilt, I thought LeBron might give me more options, but......it's Wilt. There's a reason he averages more wins than anyone else in the ODL.

Round 2: this was sort of easy, too. There's someone that I don't think has been drafted yet that I was planning on drafting here or in Round 3. I wanted that guy and Klay, but once Drummond became available, I knew I'd have an easy time on the boards with those two. Drummond is also priced nicely for a Wilt team due to the fact that he can't hit free throws. I'm not winning an award for that, that's for sure.

Round 3: In retrospect, Payton would've been interesting with Wilt. Not sure which season I would've used. Anyway, whatever. Donyell was easy because I wasn't sure I'd have enough 3's with whoever my two high usage players were. I knew a West/Drexler combo was a long shot, so......

IT. I was thinking about him in the second round, and frankly I'm surprised he didn't go in the first. TS% of .625, nearly 91% on over 600 free throws and an eFG% of 54.6. He's not a great passer, but Wilt already gave me that. Offensively, he's on par with Karl Malone and I got him in the third round. Life's good.

Round 6: Waiters was necessary so I could build a decent bench. With Wilt, Drummond and IT on board, I'm pretty sure my efficiency won't take a huge hit.
Good write up, but for the record: Wilt does not have the best winning percentage in the ODL. He's not even close. He's actually near the bottom of first round picks as far as win percentage goes.

Not that I'm calling this a bad pick by any means.
7/18/2017 9:34 PM (edited)
ben, I'm very, very surprised at that. I wonder which first round pick has the best winning percentage.
7/18/2017 9:39 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 7/18/2017 9:39:00 PM (view original):
ben, I'm very, very surprised at that. I wonder which first round pick has the best winning percentage.
I have the data somewhere, so I'll try to find it. It might be a season or two outdated.

Before we installed the lottery it was always the owner who owner who had taken last or second to last who got to have Wilt which was probably part of it. The wrong season has also been used a lot which for Wilt means you're paying a ton of money for an inefficient player. He's actually kind of hard to build around at this cap. Dh's team two seasons ago probably moved him up quite a bit though so he might be better now.
7/18/2017 9:44 PM
By the way should get all caught up with evals tomorrow (or very close).
7/18/2017 9:45 PM
Thanks Ben. I don't think that Embiid's negatives out weigh the positives. There are very few back ups, if any, back ups for Marl Malone with 8 usage points and none that I am aware of with over 90 defense. It seems like finding a good back up for the Mailman is never easy in any draft league. I agree that Embiid's turnovers and fouls are bad per 48 minutes be but he only plays 10 minutes per game against the other teams scrubs which won't be very good in this league.

Plus, I wanted to shake dh555 up. But I wasn't looking to get kicked out of the $52 Million League next season. ha ha ha !

Eddie Jones may have been available in round 6 but I doubt it. I bet that scudmissle would have picked him over Dan Majerle. He has a super clean game and 55.5% EFG along with 38.9% on 3 pointers. And 84 defense.
7/18/2017 10:25 PM
Posted by vancem on 7/18/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Thanks Ben. I don't think that Embiid's negatives out weigh the positives. There are very few back ups, if any, back ups for Marl Malone with 8 usage points and none that I am aware of with over 90 defense. It seems like finding a good back up for the Mailman is never easy in any draft league. I agree that Embiid's turnovers and fouls are bad per 48 minutes be but he only plays 10 minutes per game against the other teams scrubs which won't be very good in this league.

Plus, I wanted to shake dh555 up. But I wasn't looking to get kicked out of the $52 Million League next season. ha ha ha !

Eddie Jones may have been available in round 6 but I doubt it. I bet that scudmissle would have picked him over Dan Majerle. He has a super clean game and 55.5% EFG along with 38.9% on 3 pointers. And 84 defense.
Loved your first three picks! Prove me wrong with the 4th and 5th!
7/18/2017 10:51 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/18/2017 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 7/18/2017 8:58:00 PM (view original):

WIS wouldn't know a 3% difference if it shot it in the *** - WIS aint got no nuance
HAHA so true! 3%...30%...300% Like it matters.
7/18/2017 11:42 PM
The individual evals are completely updated!

Will work on getting caught up with the round reviews now!
7/19/2017 11:42 AM
Posted by benhoidal on 7/19/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
The individual evals are completely updated!

Will work on getting caught up with the round reviews now!
Nice job dude. In terms of the Drexler analysis on my team, and the Pippen analysis on jcred's team, I am guessing that the plan is to bump them down to the 1. I have played Pippen and Drexler both at the 1 before. If you have enough assists else, as jcred does with Draymond and my team with Batum/Lucas/Kawhi then it is pretty manageable. You then get a nice rebounding advantage and if you have good positional flexibility (guys who can play 3-4 positions) then you just optimize the defensive assignments. The only thing that would have made jcred's team really unlock for me was if Draymond was better at the 2. Assuming he is using the 15/16 season (93%), he more likely looking at something like Kemba/Pippen/Draymond/Grant/B Williams. If he was able to slide that all down one and have Kemba off the bench (have to get the usage right on seasons and the 5), I would be really excited about his squad.

I think the most interesting thing about your write ups are the assumptions on which seasons get used / how the team might fit together based on those assumptions. You are one of the smartest owners so it is really cool to try and see it through your thought process.

Thanks for doing it all man.
7/19/2017 12:18 PM
1. Kevin Durant - And the run of elite wing scorers begins! Durant is probably my favorite of these guys, and with 8 usage points and 56% efg% he is one of the elite scorers in this league. He adds pretty much everything else you want in a top dog too.
2. Anfernee Hardaway - You guys know it's a 5-year right??? How do we let Penny fall to eleibowitz at 34???
3. Tyson Chandler - I wish I would have been following the third round more closely. As soon as I realized Tyson was still available and perfect for my team, I also realized he was perfect for eleibowitz team and there was no way he was passing Chandler up. If I had been on top of my game I would have tried to trade up ahead of him, but no dice. Through three rounds, this is easily the best team.
4. Marques Johnson - Not my favorite pick, but it's hard to deny his value in the fourth round. Not many guys with 4 usage points, 55 +efg%, good passing, rebounds, D, and low turnovers left. If he shot any threes he would be the whole package. And that 100% SG season is a good fit here.
5. Oliver Miller - Underrated player with a cheap price tag is perfect for the ODL. Not the best rebounder, and while this team is certainly fine in that department, it's not stellar.
6. Eric Bledsoe - The perfect backup ODL point guard.
6. Samuel Dalembert - Efficient with good D and low turnovers, he is a great backup for relatively cheap.

Just FYI will be using 77-78 Marques, Durant is playing SG
Name Team Pos Usage% 2pt%# 3pt%# eFG% OReb% DReb% Ast% Stl% Blk% D
Anfernee Hardaway 95-96 Magic PG 25.5 57.1 31.1 54.9 4.9 8.1 23.9 2.5 0.8 83
Kevin Durant 13-14 Thunder SF 33.2 54.6 38.9 56 2.1 17.8 17.7 1.5 1.1 61
Marques Johnson 77-78 Bucks SF 21.4 53.2 32.2 53.1 10.3 20 7.2 1.3 1.9 74
Oliver Miller 94-95 Pistons PF 16.9 56 24.8 55.9 11.5 23.1 7.9 1.7 4.5 90
Tyson Chandler 06-07 Hornets C 12.6 62.3 0 62.4 13.8 26.1 3.5 0.7 3.1 70
Eric Bledsoe 15-16 Suns PG 27.2 47.8 37.1 50.2 1.7 10.9 23.2 2.6 1 75
Samuel Dalembert 05-06 76ers C 13.9 53.2 0 53.1 10.2 24 1.9 0.9 5.4 71

7/19/2017 1:17 PM (edited)
the idea that Oliver Miller was ever a 90 defensively is just another one of WIS's absurdities
7/19/2017 1:21 PM

copernicus
1. Dwyane Wade
- I've never been a huge D Wade fan in the sim, but at 23 it's hard to deny his value. Owners consistently do well with him. He brings 100 D, good rebounding, decent assists and a ton of usage (with a ton of missed shots!). You might be able to guess why I've never been the one to draft him, but he's a good pick here.
2. Ben Wallace - Wallace gives you 30+ dreb% and 100 D. That's a great role player and the perfect complement to Wade. This is a dangerous duo.
3. Serge Ibaka - Serge is a great defender who brings excellent shooting and tons of blocks! How is anyone going to score on this team?
4. Charlie Ward - Charlie Ward is a very cheap option and the perfect point guard for this team. 86D along with solid efficiency, boards, and assists, Charlie will play for almost 30 minutes a game at under $5 million. That's a bargain! He also adds the one thing this team desperately needs: Threes!
5. Chris Andersen - Birdman is a great 100 D backup you can board and finish efficiently. No one is scoring on this team, but copernicus needs to make sure he gets enough 3's or they won't be scoring against all of the -2, -3 defenses either!
6. Emeka Okafor - Okafor has a few pretty good complimentary seasons to choose from with decent efg%, good rebounding and decent defense.
6. Carmelo Anthony - Carmelo adds a dynamic bench player for those 10 minutes he is on the court. Great value for him. I'm still worried about the amount of threes this team will get, but otherwise it is very very solid.

you and me both but I still do have 20 mpg at the point to work with
7/19/2017 1:24 PM
great commentary btw ben
7/19/2017 1:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
ODL 65 Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.