Why did you pick your team? Topic

Posted by beachhouse on 7/7/2017 11:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/7/2017 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Auburn- I wanted a highish baseline D1 team and that was the best I could do.

Fordham- I kinda dig the Ivy's (even though Fordham isn't really). I wanted Cornell (because I flunked out of there) but it was taken.

Grand Canyon- I like the location.

Gettysburg- This is actually my second trip there, I left the first time because like zero recruits are within 70 miles. That doesn't matter anymore. I picked there because I wanted a midwest team.

Puerto Rico, Something- I wanted a PR team.

NYU- It's been so long I can't remember. Probably picked it because I know the local geography.

Mississippi College- I picked that one up because Whitey and Beachouse were complaining about something so I wanted to join a conference and beat them.
How's MC going for you so far? lol
Pretty well at Mississippi College, Conference champs by season 4.
8/9/2017 9:43 AM
That's about on par with a rebuild. You've proved me wrong with that. The Juco's were definitely the way to go.

I have to basically rebuild Cornell though, so who knows I guess. Recruiting 6 in phase two wasn't going to get me far coming back in.
8/9/2017 9:50 AM
Kudos to beachhouse for responding. monsterturdl is ignoring my "In your face" taunts. One might say he's turtled up.
8/9/2017 10:02 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/9/2017 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Kudos to beachhouse for responding. monsterturdl is ignoring my "In your face" taunts. One might say he's turtled up.
Hopefully he replies soon so you can stop spamming the forums about it.
8/9/2017 10:52 AM
He won't. Two threads, one about the Little East in general, is hardly "spamming" anyway.
8/9/2017 11:06 AM
6 posts total in 3 different threads.

we get it. Your Weiner is bigger than turtls
8/9/2017 11:18 AM
I'm not counting this thread. If you only read this thread, you have no idea what my "in your face" taunts are about.
8/9/2017 11:33 AM
I don't think anyone does
8/9/2017 12:51 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/9/2017 11:18:00 AM (view original):
6 posts total in 3 different threads.

we get it. Your Weiner is bigger than turtls
Looks like benis knows.
8/9/2017 12:56 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 8/9/2017 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I don't think anyone does
Knows or cares?
8/9/2017 12:59 PM
I don't expect ANYONE to care. Ruins the "You don't know ****" narrative.
8/9/2017 1:02 PM
Dartmouth - I qualified for them. In this world I'm just looking to qualify for a higher prestige job that I can stick with long-term.

UT-Arlington - My alma mater. I'll most likely keep them as long as I'm playing HD. Texrangers is coaching UT-San Antonio (which is also his alma mater, so he'll be staying) and we're in the same division, so it should be a fun rivalry moving forward.

USC Aiken - Doing the "race to D1" in Rupp, and thought it'd be more fun competing with humans in the Peach Belt for 4-5 seasons working up to D1 than playing against computer teams.
8/9/2017 1:07 PM
TrentonJoe- Why don't you tell us why you picked Cal-San Diego in Tark? lol
8/9/2017 1:43 PM
I'm Ouachita Baptist (in Phelan) because it's my alma mater and this is the only game I've found where I can play as them.

I've thought about joining another league at some point and if I did, I'm sure I'd try to pick teams in places I enjoyed visiting, and/or play with my favorite D-I team (Memphis).
8/9/2017 1:45 PM
DePauw - Picked it at random because I liked the name of the school and thought the developers had misspelled DePaul...about a week after I grabbed the team I actually met a grad student who had attended DePauw University and he was shocked when I knew it was in Greencastle and that their nickname was the Tigers. I've stuck with them ever since (with a few gaps here and there).

Most other teams I've picked up because they're New Jersey or Mid-Atlantic based (where I'm from). With DI schools I've largely picked random low prestige schools, often ones with weird nicknames (I know most DI school nicknames)--hence my decision to pick up the Delta Devils (Miss Valley State) and at one point the Roadrunners (Texas, San Antonio).
8/9/2017 1:58 PM
◂ Prev 123
Why did you pick your team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.