International Prospect budget Topic

Posted by shobob on 10/25/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 10/5/2017 5:31:00 PM (view original):
I would like to see an IFA signing "period", where everyone sees all the IFAs (budget would affect the accuracy of the ratings). It would work exactly the same way as the regular free agency period, except all of them would demand a low amount as they do now (to prevent low-budgeters from using demand levels as a stand-in for budgeting). Thoughts?
Give me feedback on this idea, please!
Guess what, I'll disagree. I think such a period would have to be as short as possible. Like the three days of open free agency.

One aspect of current IFA that I think should be kept is risk. The risk that if you hold out for, swing for, and get beat for a great IFA, you could be left holding your great big bag of transfer cash.

A short signing period would force owners to make choices based on their available cash. Do I compete for the sure fire HOF player, knowing at least three other owners might have more cash than me? Do I settle for the #4 or #5 SP, or the everyday second baseman who's not a great hitter but at least I don't waste my money? Do I go for five or six lottery ticket players just to use up a meager amount of leftover cash?

10/26/2017 4:51 PM
◂ Prev 12
International Prospect budget Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.