I want to start a league and I need your input! Topic

I've run a few basketball theme leagues here that went well, and I've also had a few leagues that withered on the vine. I would like to try starting another one, but I want feedback from the three dozen people who actually enter leagues here before I start it. Here are a few ideas that have been bouncing around inside my head:

A) Small Ball League - There are no centers allowed. I actually did this one before and it was a fun league. I would like to do it again.

B) A Six Pack of Clones - Each team can have six players, two versions of each player. I'm hoping that saying six pack in the league title will get some beer drinkers interested.

C) Pick all of your players from one season - I would guess that this has been done before. 2016/17 is a great year to pick from (and that league just filled!) and it's fun to pick a team from one season. I'm also hoping that people would not be able to decide which season to use and voila! PICK TWO TEAMS!!!

Anyhow, any suggestions and preferences that you can throw in my direction will be appreciated. Save the Sim!
7/10/2017 4:57 PM
WAIT! I HAVE AN EVEN BETTER IDEA! (Picture Gene Wilder from Start The Revolution Without Me saying this. If you have never seen this movie stop whatever you're doing and watch it right now.)

D) Exclusive Players League - Everyone gets to pick two players that only they can have on their team. Those two players are not allowed on any other team. This makes a total of 46 players who are banned from any particular team. "But Midge," you say, "the first guy will take Wilt and LeBron and everyone else can play for second place." This is where I say, "once we have 24 people signed up for this league, we have a draft to choose exclusive players!" This means that after 24 people are in we randomly choose a draft order and begin picking exclusive players. Whoever picks 1st will also pick 48th. 2nd and 47th, 3rd and 46th and so on. The last guy to draft will pick 24th and 25th. This is where you say, "Midge, you're a genius!" Now you can have a parade in my honor and buy me beer.
7/10/2017 5:35 PM
I vote D. Exclusive players league...
7/10/2017 6:37 PM
I like A, B, & D
7/10/2017 6:59 PM
I would like A even more if you banned point guards AND centers. That would stop people from trying to run a state farm team with no threat of a rebound advantage.
7/11/2017 12:10 PM
I believe B) would need some sort of Draft, or there will be 24 teams with 2Wilts, 2LBJs and 2Currys.
7/11/2017 4:27 PM
I would be interested in C. It was done long, long ago and was a lot of fun. It just depends on having a low enough salary cap to make a wide variety of seasons useable.
7/11/2017 4:54 PM
I like d
7/11/2017 6:07 PM
Posted by superrobb420 on 7/11/2017 12:10:00 PM (view original):
I would like A even more if you banned point guards AND centers. That would stop people from trying to run a state farm team with no threat of a rebound advantage.
When I did the Small Ball League before, teams were limited to two power forwards and no centers. When teams go small they still use a point guard. You can go small and still have great rebounding. There was a lot of variety.
7/11/2017 7:33 PM
i like b
7/13/2017 1:55 PM
I like A and D
7/16/2017 3:52 AM
I want the exclusive league first. The rest are great ideas. I'm in for all but the salary cap should be 60million
7/17/2017 7:35 AM
I want to start a league and I need your input! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.